This strawberry cheesecake is a frozen delight made without added sugars, nut free, gluten free and low carb too!
To me the summer season is all about spending more time outdoors with family and friends, lots of entertaining, impromptu get togethers and long lazy summer nights relaxing with my feet up. At least that’s how I envision this summer to be or hope it to be, Yes I have some summer family goals of things we need to accomplish and deadlines to meet still, but that doesn’t mean I want to spend all my time in the kitchen. This summer I hope to bring you more recipes that don’t involve too much time and get you in and out with a bang and beautiful recipe to share and serve!
So what makes a really good frozen pie for the summer season? Is it the fact that no baking is involved? Is it the fact that anything frozen is just a fabulous cool treat in the hot weather? Or is it the fact that you can prepare it ahead of time and bring it to any party and it will be finished off before you can blink? I think it might be ALL of those reasons! Whatever your ambition for an easy pie this summer, making this will win over anyone to using sugar free substitutes as they will honestly have NO idea since they certainly won’t taste any difference.
I brought this pie over to my extended families house for Father’s Day and what a hit! Since we have nut allergies in our family, the crust I came up with has an incredible nutty flavor without added nuts. No baking is needed for the crust either which is helpful. Just grind in your food processor and spread into the pie dish. Easy peasy pie!
I had only 4 hours of freezing time which was just enough before it was served at my sister in laws. It was out on the deck and with the heat, it was just soft enough to cut through and slice. If you do prepare it the day before and freeze overnight you will need more time on the counter to defrost before serving. I tried it again and it took a good 30-40 minutes before I could slice through it easily.
Even frozen you can still taste the creamy cheesecake texture! Top with a dollop of more whipped cream and a strawberry to each slice before serving.
- You don’t have to use erythritol in the crust, stevia is fine too or leave out the sweetener all together if you prefer. It won’t change the nutritional information.
- You can sub the butter in the crust for coconut oil if you prefer.
- You can replace the strawberries for another berry.
- You could also change the liquid stevia to powdered if that’s all you have, here’s my conversion chart.
- To add some color into the pink filling I sliced 2 more strawberries and inserted them inside the pie so when you cut into it you see a few pieces of strawberries here and there.
- I understand the Weight Watchers points are high, but I also know I’m not using an artificial whipped cream like cool whip to make this pie. You can certainly sub cool whip in place of the heavy cream and could reduce your points that way.
- The fat is also high because of the fact I am not using a prepared graham cracker crust. Using sunflowers and coconut are higher in fat but much healthier for you anyway.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar-Free Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut I used reduced fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener or 1 tablespoon powdered stevia
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid lemon stevia
- 1 8 ounce light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
In a food processor grind the sunflower seeds, coconut, erythritol or stevia and salt together until fine crumbs.
Slowly pour in melted butter and process until combined.
Press mixture into the bottom and up sides of a 9 inch pie plate then set aside.
In a blender, add strawberries, lemon juice, salt and liquid stevia.
Blend until pureed. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.Set aside.
In a stand mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth with no clumps.
Pour in heavy cream and vanilla stevia and blend on high until whipped.
Pour the pureed strawberries into the whipped cream cheese mixture and blend until incorporated well.
Pour mixture into pie crust, cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 8*