This gorgeous Caprese Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad is gluten free, low carb and simple with just 4 ingredients and a delightful dressing!
In the heat of the summer months, all I can think about is making recipes that do not require turning on my oven. Simple sides like this recipe is what it’s all about for me and sometimes the simplest of recipes are the best ones.
A classic caprese salad gets a little make over adding in zucchini noodles to give it a little something extra in that bite. Smooth mozzarella, perfectly ripe and sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh basil make this salad a winner every time you make it.
Dressing doesn’t have to be complicated to have an impact of robust flavor. A hint of lemon is what gives it that freshness and zesty bite.
Making ahead salads like this for a cook out or a simple side for a weeknight meal is how I like to roll in the summer. Stress free and easy is the theme I’m working on for a summer to enjoy with my kids and not slaving in the kitchen every day.
Enjoy this refreshing side dish salad with any summer entree meal or make it an entree and add some chicken to it!
- The zucchini noodles do tend to get kind of long so it’s best once in the bowl, cut them in half so it’s easier to serve.
- I kept the skin on my zucchini and it is not cooked, this is eaten raw.
- I have a Paderno spiralizer.
- Make ahead and refrigerate up to a day ahead.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 333mg
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 8 cups zucchini noodles or about 4 large
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls
- 1 ounce fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Add all ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in another bowl and toss together.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.