Slightly indulgent recipe for after Christmas, but I couldn’t resist. Plus we still have New Years around the corner and you could make this to dip into healthy strawberries or something. Just thinking about your hosting friends with this lusciousness should make anyone who loves chocolate……HAPPY.
Smear it on some delicious Udi’s Gluten Free Omega Flax & Fiiber bread toasted and you will be in love! Or get some nice whole grain crackers and serve it like a dip! Everyone will love this and will NOT be able to tell no sugar is in it.
The recipe only makes a small amount and I did that on PURPOSE.
Why? Because having too much of this around is dangerous friends, seriously. Only make enough for a party or you will inevitably be digging a spoonful into the jar every chance you get. Of course if you need more simply double the recipe.
The first time I made this a few weeks ago it was dry because I tried to reduce the amount of oil used. So if you are going to adapt I wouldn’t change the ratio of nuts to oil unless you like super dry spread. I don’t. I like it spreadable and this is perfect just the way it is. Enjoy!
*Adapted from All Day I Dream About Food.
- Serving size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 121
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 52mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: omg
- Heat a small saute pan over medium high heat, add almonds.
- Toast raw almonds stirring frequently until fragrant, about 3 -5 minutes.
- Using a food processor or high powered blender, add almonds, salt, vanilla and stevia and blend until chopped well. Mixture will be thick.
- In a small bowl melt baking chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for about a minute. Stir well.
- Add to nut mixture and continue to pulse and blend until smooth.
- Taste butter and decide if you need more salt or more stevia. If needed, add ¼ teaspoon stevia at a time, blend again and re-taste.
- Does not need to be refrigerated. Makes about 1½ cups.