Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is comforting, hearty and easy in the slow cooker!
When the first crock pot (or slow cooker as you might call it) was ever created the world became a better place for all. Families leading busy lives can still have a healthy meal without ordering take out and even those without children can enjoy the benefits of slow cooking using a small 4 quart sized crock pot. However your lifestyle if you haven’t begun taking advantage of this essential kitchen appliance you should begun this new year with the resolution to start. You will wonder why you didn’t begin sooner and how you ever managed without one!
I’ve been using my slow cooker for at least 17 years since I got one as a newlywed and have had many a failed dry uneatable meal or two before I learned how to perfect recipes in the crock pot. There definitely is a technique behind it and many recipes out there to choose from. I’ve learned along the way, the hard way in fact, that if you don’t have enjoy liquid in that pot you will not be satisfied with the results of your meal. And always and I repeat always remember this one important detail; Don’t forget to plug in it! Ha, I’ve done that as well.
Never ever ever ever ever will I post a crock pot recipe on my blog that my family and I don’t love, never, it’s a promise! I would not want to be the one that scorns you from using your crock pot. If you have been scorned by a recipe or two, you can most certainly make friends with your crock pot again. Try this recipe whether it’s your first or your fifteenth and enjoy the comfort of the crock doing all the work for you.
This meal is an easy weeknight meal or a perfect Sunday supper or Game day kind of meal as well. I mean who doesn’t love chicken enchilada’s right? Well this recipe just takes those ingredients in my Easy Chicken Enchilada Bake and transforms them into soup! Winning!
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- If you are watching your carb intake you can remove the corn in the recipe and that will reduce the carb count and sugar grams.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1cup
- Calories: 212
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9g
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Sodium: 979mg
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 19.1g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- 1 (19 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 cup milk, 1%
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14.5ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (8 ounce) chicken breasts
- Optional Toppings: fresh cilantro, scallions, avocado, sour cream, cheddar cheese, Homemade Brown Rice Tortilla chips
- Add the first 8 ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine well.
- Place the chicken breasts right on top of the mixture.
- Cover and cook on high 4 to 6 hours.
- Take the chicken out onto a cutting board and use two forks to shred meat.
- Add chicken back into slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve with toppings and enjoy!