This Chicken Fajita Stuffed Zucchini recipe is gluten free, low carb and super easy to make!
Stuffed with goodness.
Healthy and Low Carb.
Can’t beat that kind of a meal any night of the week!
Zucchini is the king of all vegetables in my opinion when summer comes.
It’s so easy to create fabulous low carb recipes without much work in the kitchen. This recipe is the perfect example!
This is the easiest of chicken fajita recipe you will ever make! It’s all made in the oven on one sheet pan. Of course if you feel like grilling all the veggies and chicken go right ahead. But honestly if you want to prep and forget it for a bit while doing some other chores, this is the recipe to make! Here’s an easy Homemade Fajita Seasoning to have on hand whenever you feel like fajitas!
Add all your typical toppings you love when you make some traditional chicken fajitas and stuff that incredible filling into the cooked, scooped out zucchini.
It’s perfect for feeding a crowd of guests as well.
If you need an even quicker recipe that doesn’t include zucchini, these Easy 20 Minute Fajitas will be perfect! Or maybe Fajita Soup is what you’re feeling like. And once grilling season rolls around be sure to check out these Fajita Kebabs!
- Nutritional Information does not include optional toppings.
- Avocado oil can be replaced with any cooking oil of choice.
- If the kids don’t like the zucchini, use the filling for traditional tortilla’s for them.
- You could grill the peppers, onions and chicken instead of bake them in the oven, just prepare the seasonings to mix all together then grill till done.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 252
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6g
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 435mg
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- 6 large zucchini or 4 pounds
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 sweet peppers (1 green, red, yellow) or 1 pound
- 1 onion or 12 ounces, chopped
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- juice of lime
- optional toppings: sour cream, avocado, shredded Mexican cheese, cilantro, salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise then scoop out some of the center to make room for filling. Place scooped out zucchini in a bowl and set aside.
- Rub avocado oil over zucchini boats and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes until fork tender.
- Slice peppers and onion and place into bowl with scooped out zucchini.
- Add in the chopped uncooked chicken.
- Drizzle oil into bowl of chicken and veggies and toss together.
- Whisk together the seasonings and toss into bowl.
- Spread veggies and chicken onto another baking sheet.
- Bake chicken and veggies for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Scoop chicken fajita filling into zucchini boats and add top with shredded cheese if desired. You can return them to the oven for 5 minutes to melt cheese if you like.
- Squirt some lime juice over filling and add optional toppings if desired.