White Cheddar Cucumber Chips made at home in your dehydrator! The perfect healthier chip!
It’s obvious and it’s true.
And if you’ve been around long enough you know I’m a chip fiend.
I’ve got to get my crunchy fix at least once a week or I will go mad, or at least dive my hand into an unhealthier option to get what I desire.
It’s all about feeding that need in a healthier way for me.
Finding substitutions that make me content and happy and not looking for an alternative.
Zucchini chips and cucumber chips work for me.
I’m on a chip run lately.
I mean why settle on boring zucchini chips without flavor right?
I need flavor and so do you!
I’ve brought you Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips and Homemade Ranch Zucchini Chips. But one day I had no zucchini and forgot to buy some but I did have some awesome looking English Cucumbers. So that is when I made the delicious Sour Cream & Onion Cucumber Chips!
Have you noticed I’m also a cheese lover?
So many of my recipes include cheese of some short.
My family loves cheese in everything as well.
Guess the kids take more after me than the hubby!
While these have more calories than the predecessors, I believe they are worth it!
Enjoy and indulge without the guilt!
OH! I’m looking for a new flavor, got any ideas??
Other Recipes you might enjoy:
- Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips
- Sour Cream and Onion Cucumber Chips
- Homemade Ranch Zucchini Chips
- Sweet & Salty Chickpeas
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas
- Baked Parmesan Kale Chips
- I sliced my cucumber with a mandolin but I i prefer a thicker chip. You may get more slices if you use the thinner setting.
- I have a very basic dehydrator that does not even have temperature settings. It’s by the brand Ronco.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 4.5g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 317mg
- Fiber: .6g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- 6 cups sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated white cheddar cheese (I used Cabot)
- Toss the sliced cucumber with the olive oil and set aside.
- Whisk the seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Lay the cucumber slices on the shelves of the dehydrator. Make sure they are coated well with oil.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on all the slices.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the slices.
- Allow to dehydrate for 8-10 hours.