This beautiful Greek Goddess Kale Salad is a hearty salad to serve as an entree or to compliment a meal! It’s low carb, gluten free, vegetarian and easy to customize, but the star of this salad is the creamy dressing! Thank you to Horizon Organic for sponsoring this post.
It’s the first week of the New year and that must mean everyone is ready for some changes to their eating habits.
Maybe you’ve been on a low sugar, low carb, sugar-free life style for some time now and you’re doing great.
Either way, holidays can do a number on all of us, myself included, simply because I overindulged a little too much on all my sugar-free goodies I’ve made over the last month.
Just because I’ve been sugar-free for a long time, 13 years now, doesn’t mean I’m perfect, nor does it mean I have no issues with overeating. I do and I will probably always have struggles in this area, even eating low carb, but the good news is I’m no longer a slave to sugar addiction and that is a wonderful feeling.
Getting back on track for the New Year is easy to do when you’ve got a some hearty, filling and satisfying meals that leave you feeling content. While salad may not be your favorite meal or you’re just learning to try to enjoy more greens, this dressing will be one you want on everything!
The dressing is so fresh and light and is really perfect for dipping fresh veggies into as well. Even if you’re not much into kale, switch it out for another green you like, spinach or romaine perhaps. You could also just drizzle this dressing in a bowl with raw, delicious veggies like carrots, fennel, cucumbers, etc for the perfect crunch and creamy bite!
This salad is beautiful to serve for company or make it ahead and prepare it in Mason Jars for an easy week of lunches for work. Start with the dressing on the bottom then layer the veggies, cover the jar, store in the fridge then shake it all up when you’re ready to eat it!
Prepping ahead is the key when you’re looking to make some better-for-you changes in the New Year! Start with this salad and you’ll be well on your way to some lasting changes!
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1 cup and 1 ounce dressing
- Calories: 99
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Sodium: 157g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 8 ounces (6 cups) fresh kale
- 8 ounces (1 cup) sliced cucumber, quartered
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) sliced red onion
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) sliced kalamata olives
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) pine nuts
- optional: crumbled feta cheese, pomegranate seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced or 4 teaspoons
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces Horizon Organic sour cream
- .75 ounces (21g) fresh basil
- 1 ounce fresh parsley
- .50 ounce fresh chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean your kale by removing the large stem down the middle of the green by pulling off all the green leaves around the stem. Discard the stems. Chop the leaves and place into a large salad bowl.
- Place the remaining salad ingredients, except pine nuts over the kale in the salad bowl.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium high heat while continuing to stir until you can smell and see them browning. Sprinkle over the salad.
- Prepare the dressing in a blender.
- Pour the lemon juice in the blender first.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high and taste it to decide if you need some salt and pepper.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve salad.
- Toss over the salad and mix well when ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.