You’d never know this Strawberry Cheesecake Swirl Ice Cream is low carb and made without sugar!
There’s just something about ice cream in the summer that makes it tastier than any other time of year! Could be the heat of summer and the cold creaminess of ice cream, but whatever it is, we all want it! I don’t know anyone who isn’t a lover of ice cream, do you?!!!
Making use of fresh seasonal fruit like strawberries is why this recipe today will rock your ice cream world!
Sweet strawberries pureed and swirled into cheesecake flavored ice cream will make your tongue do a happy dance!
You don’t have to make this swirl look but it’s worth the little bit of effort to make it happen. If you decide to just mix the pureed strawberries into the cheesecake ice cream in the ice cream machine I won’t judge you for it! It will be pretty in pink!
This recipe was a winner with the whole family, picky kids and picky hubby who dislikes stevia! He didn’t notice any aftertaste so even those of you who aren’t fans of stevia may like it as well!
Impress ALL you friends with this deliciousness,whether they are sugar free and low carb or not!
- You don’t need to use berry flavored stevia but it does enhance the strawberry flavor the best.
- If you don’t have Swerve and use another sugar free substitute, most other brands are sweeter than Swerve so I would suggest eliminating the stevia.
- Half & Half is half whole milk and half cream, equal parts.
Other Fabulous Ice Cream Recipes you might like:
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream– SugarFreeMom
- Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple Ice Cream– All Day I Dream About Food
- Egg Fast Frozen Custard– Low Carb Yum
- Tiramisu Popsicles– KetoDiet App
- Creamsicle Ice Cream– Maria Body Mind Health
- Pecan Praline Ice Cream– I Breathe I’m Hungry
- Sinful Chocolate Ice Cream– Low Carb So Simple
- Frozen Chocolate Roll– Nourished Caveman
- Coconut Ice Cream– Ditch the Carbs
- Peach Frozen Yogurt– Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Sorbet-SugarFreeMom
- Strawberry Buttermilk Ice Cream– Low Carb Maven
- Coffee Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream– Sugar Free Mom
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 8 @ 1/2 cup each
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 55g
- 2 cups strawberries ( I love Driscoll's)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp berry flavored liquid stevia or plain
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup Half & Half (I used Horizon Organic)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 tsp berry flavored liquid stevia or plain or vanilla
- optional: 1 tbsp vodka (helps reduce icy texture)
- Place the first 6 ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the softened cream cheese and half & half into a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend on high until incorporated. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into an ice cream machine and follow manufacturers instructions. Mine is a KitchenAid attachment and it took about 20 minutes before it was soft serve texture.
- Drizzle in the strawberry mixture into the ice cream machine on low or stir in by hand. Reserve some for topping.
- Place ice cream into a 9 by 5 loaf pan, drizzle pureed strawberry over the top then freeze for 2-3 hours. If you reserved some of the pureed strawberry, keep it refrigerated until ready to serve over the ice cream.