Zucchini Pasta Salad with Avocado Spinach dressing is a creamy luscious raw vegetable salad served in an easy mason jar to go!
Mason jar salads have been around a while now and there are so many variations you can find. This is my first mason jar recipe for you on the blog and I’m loving how it easily stores in the fridge and lasts quite a few days. Wonderful to travel with and take on the go!
Lately zucchini noodles have been my greatest love! So this recipe was an easy one to create. You can change up the veggies to whatever you enjoy. But please note how this mason jar should be assembled to make sure you don’t end up with a soggy mess of soft veggies.
- Start with your dressing at the bottom of the jar.
- Add hard veggies first, like celery, peppers.
- Next add protein and any cheese you like.
- Softer veggies like tomatoes go next.
- End with your lettuce or in this case zucchini noodles.
I don’t own a spiral kitchen tool yet to make my zucchini noodles. I simply use this serrated peeler that works just as good.
Messermeister 3-pc. Pro-Touch Peeler Trio
Your starting line up of ingredients all measured and ready to be packed!
More Mason Jar Salad recipe from around the web!
- Spring Pea and Romaine with Feta, Cucumber and Radish and Creamy Buttermilk Dressing
- Quinoa Salads in a Jar 4 Options
- Chopped Broccoli Ham & Swiss
- Ranch Chicken Salad in a Jar
This pic is after 4 days of being stored covered in my refrigerator. The avocado dressing is still nice and green!
- You could easily substitute the raw zucchini for romaine lettuce or another lettuce you like.
- The optional Feta cheese and olives are not calculated in the nutrition info.
- The edamame can be substituted for cooked chicken breast.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 22.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 20.7g
- Sugar: 9.2g
- Sodium: 638mg
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- 1½ cups spiraled zucchini
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons kalalmata olives
- ½ cup fresh packed spinach
- ½ ripe avocado
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt, plain, 2%
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Spiral or shred or thinly slice zucchini. Set aside.
- In a high powdered blender mix dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Pour ½ the dressing into the bottom of 2 mason jars.
- Add celery on top of dressing.
- Add peppers on top of celery then top with edamame or chicken.
- Sprinkle feta cheese then add tomatoes and olives.
- Last place ½ the spiraled zucchini into each mason jar.
- Cover and refrigerate. Last up to 5 days.
- Once ready to eat, shake the jar vigorously then pour onto a plate. Toss with fork if needed to mix dressing.
The Sugar-Free Mom Cookbook has been Released!! Hitting shelves in days and Amazon is selling it at a discount right now!