My kids love all things fried, what kid doesn’t right? I have figured out a way to get them to THINK they are still eating “fried” fish, BUT they are not!
AND they like it just as much!
Its a bit more work than simply throwing fish in a casserole dish and baking it, but the extra steps are worth it especially if your children or even you are not too keen on eating fish. If this will be your first time serving fish or getting your kids to eat some, its a delicious first time experience that will only make them want MORE in the future!
I love all things fish. Its low in calories, cooks quickly and is full of healthy fats our bodies need. Hopefully this terrific recipe will encourage you to venture into the fish world and love every single bite!
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 5
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. flax seed, ground
- 1 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 pounds fillet of sole, cut into about 2 in. pieces
- 1/2 c. whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a bowl whisk the egg and lemon juice together.
- In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt, pepper and flax seed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip fish pieces into the egg mixture then into the breadcrumb mixture and place onto a nonstick baking sheet. Do not overlap fish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until fish is cooked through. If you want a little more crispy nugget try putting them under the broiler for a quick minute or two.