This is GREEN isn’t it? So green it’s almost blinding!!! Green smoothies are always green of course but vary with the degree of greens you put in them. SO many variations, so many delicious ways to increase your green intake and actually enjoy it!
The sweet pineapple in this smoothie is what brings it over the top and provides you a tropical drink feel! If your pineapple is nice and chilled they’ll be no need to add additional ice to your smoothie but you certainly can if you need it colder or smoother.
Another option is to blend up the smoothie and just add some ice cubes to your glass before pouring.
You can also use frozen spinach but would only need a cup to equal the 2 cups fresh and only use frozen if your blender can handle it. 🙂
Many of my protein smoothies contain egg whites simply because I like natural proteins as opposed to protein powder. 100% pasteurized egg whites are completely safe to drink since they have been heated then refrigerated. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EGG WHITE TASTE IN THIS SMOOTHIE. In fact in any of the smoothie recipes I’ve created with egg whites, there is no taste of it. It just seems to absorb the flavors of the other ingredients.
If you’ve never tried it before, at lease give it a chance once in your life time. 🙂
If Green Smoothies aren’t your thing, check out this page for all kinds of yummy smoothies!
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 149mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: omg
- 1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup 100% pasteurized egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 droppers full lemon flavored stevia
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, chilled [or 1/2 cup and 1 pear]
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- optional: 1/2 cup -1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- If making with frozen spinach you can eliminate the ice.
- With fresh, add as much ice as needed to make it to your desired consistency.