Wild Blueberry Breakfast Strata or Bread pudding is a combination of sweet wild blueberries and hearty, healthy bread and eggs with some added protein.
The following post is sponsored by the FitFluential LLC on behalf of Wild Blueberry Association of North America.
This breakfast recipe is full of good nutrition and perfect for brunch or a lazy weekend together with overnight guests or just with your family. All ingredients are simply combined together in a bowl and baked in a casserole dish. Honestly , how can it get any easier? When I was asked to provide a new recipe using only the finest, juiciest and sweetest wild blueberries for this campaign, I knew exactly what I wanted to make to allow the brightest and freshest of blueberries to be the star of the show. I referred to my overnight french toast recipe and adapted from there.
Wild blueberries are a super-fruit with intense flavor and twice the antioxidants as regular blueberries! When these blueberries are frozen at their peak they are at their freshest with the deepest color that just can't even compare to any other berries. Wild blueberries are smaller than most blueberries but because of that you get more berries per pound! I love the fact they are frozen because then I can store them and use them whenever I need without worrying about spoilage.
The best part of choosing frozen is that they are available year round, no having to hunt for them during berry season only. Also, no thawing is required to make this recipe which is perfect if you are a busy mom like me and don't often plan too much ahead for breakfast. 🙂 You will find more great recipes on their Pinterest page too!
Nutrition info is based upon using Udi's gluten free dinner rolls.
Blueberry Breakfast Strata
- 6 eggs slightly beaten
- ½ cup cottage cheese 4% milkfat
- 1 cup milk 1%
- juice of 1 orange or ¼ cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 half full droppers liquid vanilla stevia
- 6 cups cubed hearty whole grain or gluten free bread
- 1 15 ounce bag frozen wild blueberries
- In a bowl whisk together the first 7 ingredients to combine.
- Add bread and toss gently.
- Pour in berries and gently combine well.
- Place mixture into a 2-2.5 quart baking dish, cover and place in refrigerate for 2-12hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with yogurt if desired.