This recipe is an adaption of some of my other single serve muffins, Mint Chocolate Flax Muffin, Peanut Butter Flax Muffin and my Pumpkin Flax Muffin. Each are one single serving and easy to make in under 5 minutes!
I removed it from the mug so you could see it better but obviously it is easier to just eat with a spoon right in the mug itself.
Anyone who is busy with work or family knows moms usually never eat breakfast or eat scrapes off their kids plates. I avoid this at all costs and work hard to ensure I eat a healthy breakfast to start my day. Making a quick breakfast is easy, choosing to make it a healthy one can be a challenge, but these mug muffins I’ve got going are the perfect solution!
If you’ve never tried a mug muffin you are in for a treat! Once you make them you will never complain about not having enough time for breakfast again.
- You can stir the ingredients right in the mug you are using to cook it with but I found it easier to combine in a shallow bowl then pour in the mug.
- You can use powdered stevia in the batter if you don’t have liquid, I would suggest 1-2 packets or 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract.
- You can also make this in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until you see it rise and cooked in the center.
- The nutrition info is with the icing on top, but if you were to eliminate it the nutrition info would be: Calories: 166, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 180mg, Sodium: 187mg, Carbs: 11.2g, Fiber: 7.7g, Sugars: .2g, Protein: 9.7g and Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4*
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 9.9g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2g
- Sugar: 1.2g
- Sodium: 187mg
- Fiber: 10.7g
- Protein: 10.7g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 droppers full liquid cinnamon or vanilla stevia
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon pure stevia extract
- Whisk egg in a bowl then stir in the rest of the ingredients until completely combined.
- Spray a coffee cup with nonstick cooking spray or grease and pour batter into mug.
- Microwave for 1 min and 30 seconds, or up to 2 minutes in needed.
- Remove from mug in desired or enjoy as is.
- Top with icing.