Who’s looking for a healthy dessert to bring to a summer BBQ?? This Watermelon Cantaloupe Berry Mint salad would be your best choice! And who doesn’t love fruit anyway? Not many would say no.
Get the fruit. Make the salad. Bring to a cook out. Enjoy. You win.
The mint isn’t totally necessary if you’re not a fan but it is quite perfect with the sweet fruit so don’t knock it till you try it. And of course you could also eliminate the honey vinaigrette as well if you don’t feel the need. I often just eat fruit as is, but for a cook out I like to add a little bit of this dressing to elevate the fruit to a more dessert like dish. Now it can compete next to any high calorie treats on the table. Almost NEVER do I bring home a full dish of this fruit. The bowl usually comes home empty!
If you don’t have a melon ball scooper, you can just cut the fruit up into chunks, but of course it’s not as pretty! Here’s one I like:
- Serves: 5
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 114
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Sugar: 26g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0
- 2 cups watermelon balls or chunks (1/2 watermelon)
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls or chunks (1/2 cantaloupe)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- Using a melon ball spoon, make watermelon and cantaloupe balls or simply chop into bite size chunks.
- Add them to a large serving bowl with blueberries.
- In a small bowl whisk lemon juice and honey together.
- Toss with fruit.
- Add chopped mint.
- Stir gently and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled or room temperature.
- Makes about 5 cups.
Other recipes you might like: