It’s almost New Year’s Eve!!!
A time of snacking on finger foods and the such. You can still enjoy yourself and watch your calorie intake by following a few simple tips!
Here are 5 Healthy Tips before you indulge:
- Start the New Year’s Eve Day with green smoothies, lots of water and exercise. It will make your night even more enjoyable knowing you too care of yourself throughout the day!
- Serve yourself your favorite foods, but get them on a plate rather than grabbing from the bowl. Before you go back for seconds or thirds you may realize you had a plateful of food you already devoured and be less apt to get more.
- BE PICKY about the food choices you make, don’t waste calories on so-so snacks that aren’t that tasty 🙂
- Limit sweets and watch the alcohol if you do consume. 9 times out of 10 that’s what gives you the munchies and the sugar from it will most certainly make your crave more of everything.
- Drink up on low calorie beverages. Here’s a list of some great low calorie drinks to enjoy or bring to a party.
- Keep the snacks in the another room so when you do want more to eat you have to get up to help yourself. You might be less likely to get up frequently and more likely to sit and enjoy the company!
- Bring Healthy Snacks/Appetizers that you know taste delicious and are low in calorie! Check my post for recipes: 10 Low Calorie New Year’s Eve Appetizers.
- Remember It’s not about the food! Enjoy the people you are with. Play a fun game and have fun with the ones you love!
Most importantly remember there is always another meal. Just because you plan to eat healthier come the New Year does not mean you have to eat till your stuffed today. It’s certainly not the last good meal you’ll ever have again right? Right. 🙂
Have a Healthy and Happy New Year!