Low Carb Grain Free Apple Crumb Muffins are the perfect fall breakfast or snack!
Of course when apple picking season is happening, my family gets on board.
It's a tradition and a much loved one at that.
Since my children were little we've taken them to an apple orchard to ride a tractor and scour the fields for the juicest, prettiest and sweetest apples we could find.
One reason I have loved partnering with Silk this year with their #inspired campaign is the simple fact it reminded me to get my kids involved more with everything I do on a day to day basis in the kicthen.
This months recipe is all about apples and my daughter. The one who begged for about 30 pounds from picking apples to make all sorts of things.
She worked for it. But not too hard.
I did buy this cool apple, corer, peeler, slicer thing which made her life much easier.
I'm sure that would not have been the case or the happiest of faces if she had to use a regular old apple peeler and had to core them and peel.
Since it was her idea for muffins, she was in the kitchen. Of course that giant bowl of apples also made delicious apple chips and another recipe coming your way next week so stay tuned!
What's even tastier on top that crumb topping is this sweet sugar free glaze made with Silk unsweetened coconut milk.
Just 3 ingredients and you've got a fabulous, quick and easy glaze to throw on any muffin or use over pancakes even.
In the fridge that glaze will harden a bit so just reheat slightly in microwave. I enjoyed my muffin cold right from the fridge but dear daugther chose to slice and reheat in the toaster with a bit of butter.
However you make, do it together after an afternoon of apple picking or shopping or something fun together. I'm always more inspired when my kids and I get together and bake and I hope you are too!
Low Carb Grain Free Apple Crumb Muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter room temperature or for dairy free use coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup Swerve sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon liquid stevia
- 1 cup sesame flouror use almond
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup Silk unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 ½ cups chopped apple chunks
- 1 cup Confectioners Swerve or another powdered sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer, mix your butter, Swerve, eggs, vanilla extract and stevia until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sesame flour, flaxseed, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
- Add this mixture to the mixer and while the mixer is on low slowly pour in the coconut milk.
- Once thoroughly combined gently stir in the apple chunks.
- Spread evenly into the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl combine the crumb topping ingredients together and stir until it's crumbly.
- Sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes then take a knife to lossen edges before removing.
- Make the glaze in your stand mixer and after muffins have cooled, drizzle over the top of each.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.