This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Quinoa is becoming more and more popular and for good reason. It’s perfect in every way! It’s a hearty seed that tastes like a filling grain. It’s gluten free and you can add it to almost anything; soups & salads, stuffed peppers and it’s always a big hit to all who try it.
My first baked quinoa bite recipe was back in March 2012. I adapted the recipe from one I found on Pinterest. Although I loved it my kids weren’t keen on them. I decided to adapt the recipe even more and this is a newer version I am much happier with.
Perfect to dunk in some ranch dressing. Filled with herbs, veggies and cheese in every little bite!
They can been frozen and thawed out the night before then simply reheated in the microwave with no change in texture or flavor.
A tasty little healthy bite! Perfect for a Meatless Monday Meal or as an appetizer or entree!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Baked Herb Veggie Quinoa Bites [Gluten Free]
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pour dry quinoa into a pot with 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 12-15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients with the quinoa and stir well to combine.
- Spoon mixture into 24 mini muffin cups (about 1 1/2 teaspoons each cup).
- Press down mixture into cup.
- Bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Let cool five minutes then remove from muffin tin.
- Keep refrigerated or freeze.
Weight Watchers Pointsplus:5*