My fabulous, healthy oat pancakes are a winner with me but not only that my kids love them! I was making some for myself and they tried them and so adapted the recipe to make more! Adjust your liquid stevia to your tastes for your family. The amounts for ½ a teaspoon make the pancakes only slightly sweet.
See the original recipe if you missed it and only want a SINGLE Serving.
This recipe makes 16 pancakes. Plenty to eat and store in the fridge for the family for a few days!
- 2 cup egg whites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ -2 teaspoons [url href="http://iherb.com/p/15940?rcode=yaj035" target="_blank"]liquid vanilla stevia [/url]or ½ teaspoon stevia powder
- optional: 1 cup blueberries
- Blend all ingredients using your blender or hand mixer, except blueberries.
- Spray a nonstick small saute pan.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan, add about a tablespoon of blueberries and cook until edges are dry and bubbles on top have formed.
- Flip and cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Spray the saute pan again and continue the same process to make a total of 16 pancakes.
- Top with honey or Greek yogurt.
I love blueberries and a good healthy pancake recipe! Perfect combo for me!
This is a weird question. I love your recipes but I still use regular sugar. Do you know what the equivalent amount of sugar would be for this recipe?
Here's a conversion chart to refer to: http://www.stevia.net/conversion.html
what can you use instead of cottage cheese or a dairy product?
I made this specifically as a protein pancake and haven't tried other substitutions. It might be best if you looked at another pancake recipe under the breakfast recipes.
Do you mean 2-4 drops of liquid stevia, or really teaspoons? That stuff is SUPER sweet!
I adjusted it, thanks! Some who aren't used to eating healthier and with less white sugar will want the 2 teaspoons since that would make them resemble pancakes they might be used to having.
I just found your blog and love it! All of your recipes look amazing:) Especially these pancakes!
thanks, and welcome!
So, so excited to have this recipe. My daughter and granddaughter and I love these and I like being able to have a larger quantity recipe.