This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Do you LOVE super easy appetizers that look really pretty and you made little effort?
I do! These are seriously easy….seriously low in calories…..seriously fantastic looking for a party!
These pretty little bites were a creation of food I had on hand and needed something to bring to a mom’s night “in” with friends. I wanted a carb-free snack I could munch on and not worry about consuming too many calories! This was PERFECT!
Only 20 calories for one yummy appetizer!! You can have quite a few and not worry if you can’t remember how many you ate while you (had a glass of wine) were chatting away with friends!
Tasty, easy, healthy and very delicious!
- I cut the cucumber ends off, then sliced it in half, then lengthwise. I wanted them to resemble little crackers or tiny sandwiches. You can easily just slice the cucumber and use rounds.
- Cucumbers vary in size but I was able to make 24 “sandwich” bites. That was 48 sliced pieces.
- I used chicken I had in the freezer from my freezer cooking burrito recipe and it was seriously delicious! Use whatever cooked chicken you have on hand.
- I shredded the chicken because you can use a lot less mayo rather than just using chopped chicken. It may seem dry at first, but work with it and it will absorb well and be just as tasty even though it doesn’t have tons of mayo.
If you are interested in just making the chicken salad alone for sandwiches or wraps. here’s the breakdown for you.
- Separating this recipe into 4 servings of abut 1/2 cup each and excluding the cucumber will give this for nutrition info:
- Servings: 4* Calories: 108* Fat: 4g* Cholesterol: 44mg* Sodium: 97mg* Carbs: 1g* Fiber: 0g* Sugars: 0g* Protein: 15g* Points+: 3*
To See How I packed this as a Meal-To Go check this post!
Do you have a favorite appetizer you serve for company? Have you revamped it to make it healthier? Please share, I’d love to hear!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Chicken Salad Cucumber Bites
- 1 English cucumber
- 7 ounces cooked chicken breast
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Kalamata, black or green olives for topping optional
Slice the cucumber making either 48 rounds or squares.
Shred your chicken with a food processor if you have one or using a fork.
In a bowl thoroughly mix the chicken, mayo, cilantro, scallions and cumin and salt and pepper.
Lay a slice of cucumber on the plate you will serve the appetizer on. Add a heaping tablespoon of the chicken salad on the cucumber, lay another piece on top.
Add a toothpick to hold it together.
Place kalamata, black or green olives through the top of the toothpick to pretty it up!
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.