Mango sorbet is a luscious and creamy no sugar added dessert and surprisingly dairy free!
What do you do when you have a bunch of really ripe mangoes?
Make a fabulous sorbet of course! Then your family will love you because it tastes like ice cream, which they love and there you go, a win win!
The hardest part of the recipe is peeling the mangoes skin! Then just throw the yummy fruit into the blender with a few other ingredients. Once smooth add it to your ice cream maker and follow instructions. I have a Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Attachment that I love! Works simply and makes beautiful ice cream usually within 15 minutes.
My oldest picky 13 year old son absolutely loves mangoes and loves ice cream so I knew this recipe had to be made for him. He was so happy!
I love the fact it's a fruit sorbet with no added sugar which I can feel good about giving to him anytime he wants!
If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can still make this dessert by pouring the mixture in a shallow container and allowing it to freeze 6-8 hours or overnight. It will be easier to scoop in a shallow container and allow it to thaw some on the counter before serving.
Dairy Free Mango Sorbet
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled,
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 droppers full orange liquid stevia or plain
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream machine and follow manufacturers directions.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Without ice cream machine, pour into a shallow container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Thaw on counter for 15 minutes before serving. Makes 2 cups.
Other recipes you might enjoy: