I love sweet potatoes! In fact I've loved them so much when I was pregnant with my daughter and eating one a day, that she came out with an orange TINT on her skin, no lie! Friends can attest to it!!
I have no idea why I love them so much, I just simply do! They are super healthy and a nice break from the standard white potato.
Here are some healthy facts about the sweet potato in case you're not so crazy about them. This might win you over!
A medium sweet potato:
- contains over 400 percent of the daily value for vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene.
has 22mg of vitamin C.
15% of daily recommended value for potassium.
4 g of Fiber.
and 16% of daily recommended value of vitamin B-6.
Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/297519-sweet-potato-nutrition-data/#ixzz1f74pwNMc
Maybe you've only had them covered and smothered in brown sugar and marshmallows, or maybe you just never had them. I was inspired to make them this way when I saw a crispy sweet potato recipe over at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free. I didn't have any fresh thyme or shallots but they came out just as good I think!
Just try them I say! You may just fall in love this with delicious, nutritious veggie!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter melted
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peal potatoes and slice them thin. Arrange them vertically against each other in a casserole dish.
- Spray the inside of the baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and oil together and brush over the potatoes. Sprinkle garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Bake for an hour and 15 minutes or until a fork can be easily inserted in one slice.
Another recipe you might like: Sweet Potato & Apple Bake
This recipe is so delicious!!! It turned out EXACTLY like the picture! I love when that happens! 😀
It say's "crabs" instead of "carbs" it totally made me LOL because that is something I would do.
LOL thank you!
I was so looking forward to trying these! Unfortunately when I pulled them out of the oven, they were completely burnt. I followed all the instructions to a t. Maybe my oven runs hot? Oh, well. Another time...
These sound wonderful!
My absolute favorite way to eat sweet potatoes is to cube them, toss them with a little coconut oil and bake them in the oven until soft and carmelized. Yum!
Add cinnamon to it and these would be perfect (yes garlic salt AND cinnamon). Sounds weird but absolutely delicious!