This Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan will be requested by your family on a weekly basis!
Easy Chicken Parmesan
If you happen to be Italian like me, you know what an authentic chicken parmesan tastes like. I grew up eating it on a weekly basis, of course with pasta, and homemade marinara sauce. It was and still is a meal with great family memories around the dinner table. But now that I'm gluten free, low carb and keto, traditional chicken parmesan is out of the question. I'm also a busy mom with activities every night of the week with my kids. some nights I just need simple and this Easy Quick Chicken Parmesan takes the fuss out the equation.
Breading of the chicken and frying it in oil makes traditional chicken parmesan a multitask kind of meal. In this recipe you simply skip that breading step and you honestly won't even miss it! It's more of a naked chicken breast topped with prosciutto, marinara and cheese of course. If you don't have homemade marinara on hand, I've listed a brand below that is low carb and a great option to have stocked in your keto pantry.
I can't think of another way I like chicken breasts. I mean let's be honest, they aren't the best part of the chicken. We are more of a dark meat family and breasts are the least attractive to all of us. Making chicken parmesan from breasts is the best way to use them up in my opinion.
Hope you enjoy this easy low carb chicken parmesan and you're family will ask for it again and again!
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
Easy Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces low carb marinara sauce
- 2 green onion green and light green parts
- .5 ounce prosciutto (2 slices) chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or cheese of choice
- Place your chicken breasts in-between two sheets of baking paper or cling wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until they are about ½ inch thick all over.
- Lightly oil the breasts and then grill them until they are browned all over and almost cooked. Place on a lined baking tray.
- Spoon the marinara on top and spread out.
- Sprinkle chopped prosciutto and thinly sliced spring onions over the top and finish with a good coating of cheese.
- Pop under the broiler until the cheese is brown and bubbly. Serve with a big salad.
- Store, covered, in the fridge for up to two days.
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling. An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born. She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.