This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
New York Strip roast with garlic and herbs served with a creamy mustard sauce is a divine date night meal or for a family!
It’s not often that we enjoy beef in our house. Usually for a special occasion or holidays.
I mean let’s face it, it can get expensive to feed a family of 6 with a nice roast, unless of course it’s on sale. That’s when I stock up and buy at least 2 or 3!
I actually had a great sale at my local supermarket for this NY strip roast. It was 6.99 a pound and on sale for 4.99 if you bought $25 worth of groceries. SO yes, I bought 2.
The first time I made this yummy herb and garlic crusted roast was actually for Christmas Day with my parents and brother. It was so incredibly tasty and a nice treat for us.
The creamy mustard sauce is the perfect complement to this beef. Just the right amount of tang for me. Hubby thought I should have added some horseradish sauce but I didn’t want it too spicy for the kids so I skipped that. Feel free to taste and adjust as you like.
The hubby pulled my first roast out at 140 degrees internal temp and I must say, I’m not into too much pink but I don’t like dry meat either. It was too done for me. The second time I made this I cooked it just until 130 degrees internal temp and gave it some time to rest before carving.
Melted in my mouth.
And if you follow my direction it will be melting in your mouth too..
Here it’s topped with some creamy mustard sauce and a drizzle of the juices from the pan. Succulent!
Other Recipes you might enjoy:
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
NY Garlic Herb Strip Roast with Mustard Cream Sauce
- 5 pounds New York Strip loin roast boneless
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Mustard Cream Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt to taste
- Place beef fat side up in a 9 by 13 roasting pan.
- Let beef stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix the butter, oil and seasonings together.
- Spread mixture all over the meat. (this can be done one day ahead, covered and refrigerated until ready).
- Roast for 20 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 degrees.
- Place thermometer in thickest part of roast.
- Internal temperature should be 130 degrees for medium rare.
- Allow meat to rest 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with Mustard sauce.
Mustard cream sauce is not included in nutrition.