This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Easy Grilled Asparagus is wrapped in Provolone Cheese and Prosciutto making it the Best Grilled Asparagus you’ve ever had! It’s gluten free, low carb and keto approved!
When it comes to easy side dishes, I’m all about quick and tasty these days, especially in the hot summer months! Recently I shared my Grilled Cheesy Bacon Hasselback Zucchini and it’s been blowing up the internet because it’s so easy and versatile!
My hubby is an asparagus lover but to be honest with you, I’m not that into asparagus. I prefer green beans! My favorite are my Oven Fried Garlic Parmesan Green Beans! But the hubby requested some asparagus and so I obliged, but made it a little bit more spectacular than just roasting them. And who doesn’t love a little gooey cheese and crispy meat on the outside of a veggie, right?
Here’s my video to show how easy this really is!
Perfect all summer long or in the winter bake in the oven!
Of course if you aren’t into grilling you can simply roast the asparagus and then wrap them and broil a few minutes until the cheese is all melted and gooey!
But I highly recommend grilled it you’re cooking some protein out there on the grill anyway. No heating the house in these warm summer months is key for me!
My hubby declared these the best darn asparagus he’s ever had! And said, “These are even good COLD!” So that says a lot from a picky man!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Grilled Cheesy Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 7 oz 196g Provolone cheese
- 4 oz 102g thin sliced prosciutto
- Cut about 2 inches off the ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Wash and dry and place in a bowl.
- Add the oil and salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Place on a medium high grill and cook for about 10 minutes turning to grill on each side.
- Set aside on a plate and slice provolone cheese slices in half as well as the prosciutto slices.
- Place one half piece of prosciutto on cutting board, one half of cheese on top of prosciutto and one asparagus on top of cheese. Roll up.
- Continue with all of them and place back on the grill for a minute or two until the cheese has melted the prosciutto is crispy.