This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A few simple ingredients, a few simple steps, an incredible taste without added sugars and you can have a slice of this on Thanksgiving for under 200 calories!
This pie is going to win awards! I am serious here. This pie is incredible and I don’t even like pumpkin pie, I really don’t. But my family does and therefore I made it healthier for them. Oh How I love them!
Many recipes around the web call for making pumpkin pie low calorie by removing the crust, or using artificial sweeteners like Splenda, it doesn’t have to be that way.
I’ve proved it. Taste is not sacrificed. In fact each bite tastes better than the last knowing it doesn’t have sugar in it and is healthier!
This recipe filling is my Healthier Pumpkin Pie Custard recipe, plan and simple. I thought about making it richer by adding some other ingredients but my hubby talked me out of it. Stating he, the most picky pumpkin pie lover in the world, thought the custard would work just great in a crust.
AND you know what? He was right!
Sometimes that happens, not always, but sometimes. 😉
He has deemed this pie ranking as one of the best pumpkin pies he has ever had in his life! Now for a man who loves all sweet treats and rarely likes my healthier creations, that says a LOT!
This pie will surely prove to your family on Thanksgiving that recipes made healthy and without refined sugars and flours CAN be JUST as good if NOT BETTER than typical fattening ones!
I will be serving this to my extended family on Thanksgiving and will not tell them it is healthy. I will tell them after they rave about it that it is made with a whole wheat crust and contains no sugar at all.
Be ready to catch the fainters. 😉
You can taste this bite can’t you?
Nutrition Info below is using my whole wheat crust recipe.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Healthier Pumpkin Pie: Low Calorie & Low Sugar
- 1 whole wheat pie crust
- 1 can 15 ounce pure pumpkin or 2 cups fresh
- 1/2 cup milk I used 1%
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice or mix together nutmeg cinnamon, cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- Prepare your crust from the recipe above.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay aluminum foil over the pie crust and add pie weights or raw dry beans, about 2 pounds.
- Spread beans over the bottom of the pie on foil.
- Place pie plate onto a baking sheet. Bake the crust for 10 minutes then remove the foil and beans and bake another 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking prepare your filling. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour filling mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes -1 hour or until center is set.
- Cool to room temperature on wire rack.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Weight Watchers Point+: 5+
You can also skip the crust and go for a Crustless Pumpkin Custard!