This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Healthy Keto Pumpkin Pie Custard is Low Carb, Gluten Free, Grain Free and can even be paleo!
Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Custard
All of the flavors and texture of a pumpkin pie without all the calories and crust from a traditional one! I realize it’s still only September but everyone is going crazy for Pumpkin recipes! My Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse went viral within days and I’m so grateful!
This very popular recipe was originally posted in October of 2012 and has been a huge pinning recipe during every fall season. I gave it updated photos in October of 2015 and today I’m sharing this video with you to show how simple this recipe really is!
It takes just 7 ingredients!! Simple and so delicious, even if you’re not a pumpkin lover!
Currently in life we are packing for a move to a small little country setting in the woods. We will still be in my homestate of Rhode Island, but the scenery from city to country will be remarkable!
The nearest store is about 20 minutes away. It’s going to take me some time to get used to that since I end up at the grocery frequently during the week.
Some times more like 3-5 times depending on if a recipe failed and I need more ingredients. Now I’m about 5 minutes from Whole Foods. I must learn to buy in bulk I suppose.
You can enjoy these little custards in the ramekin you bake them in or pop them out upside down on a plate. Make sure you greased them well or they won’t be too pretty when inverted upside down. The good thing though is that you can cover them with some whipped cream!
If you need dairy free try some Dairy Free Whipped Cream on top or leave it without out, but be sure to chill them! Tastes much better than warm since I tried it both ways of course. 🙂
It’s the perfect little portion made in 7 ounce ramekins. Of course even if you decide to eat two, (because they are so good!) the amazingly low calories won’t kill your calorie budget for the day!
Made without artificial sweeteners and only natural stevia, no aftertaste is evident at all. In fact my super picky husband and oldest son actually LOVE this custard, and hubby is always the first one to comment if he notices an aftertaste!
But of course you can use whatever sweetener you prefer really.
Here’s my conversion chart.
I had to keep one old picture because this is the one below that gets pinned the most!
- If I was just eating these I would use unsweetened almond milk, but my boys have a tree nut allergy.
- Other milk options would be unsweetened coconut milk or cashew milk, but honestly heavy cream is the best in this recipe.
- The orginal recipe used 1% milk and vanilla liquid stevia.
- The original recipe using the milk was 76 calories, fat: 6.7g, cholesterol: 125mg, sodium: 56mg, carbs: 7g, dietary fiber: 2g, sugars: 3g, protein: 5g.
- This is the exact filling I use for my pumpkin pie!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Custard: Gluten Free & Low Carb
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 6 ramekins or custard cups with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer mix together pumpkin, cream eggs, spices and stevia.
- Pour evenly into ramekins.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife in center comes out clean.
- Best served cold.
- Invert onto a plate or serve from dish.
- Top with whipped cream! Sprinkle with more nutmeg!
Net Carbs: 5g
Interested in making this into A Healthier Pumpkin Pie? I’ve done it, check this recipe: Healthier Pumpkin Pie Low Calorie & Low Sugar!
Other recipes you might like:
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
- Mini Whole Wheat Chocolate Pumpkin Breads
- Apple Custard : Dairy & Gluten Free
- Healthier Pumpkin Pie: Low Calorie & Low Sugar
Want a great gift for the Holidays? You can buy my cookbook for yourself or friends and family at a discount right now on Amazon!