This easy keto taco soup recipe is a quick meal that can be made in under 30 minutes and is perfect for a cool day when you need some comfort in a a bowl!
Quick Easy Taco Soup
What makes you want to come home after work to make dinner? Is it knowing you HAVE TO make dinner for the family? Is it that you're working diligently to not order take out and stick to your goals? Is it simply that you love to cook? If you have no desire to come home and make dinner maybe it's time to change your mindset from , Have to, to instead, Get to. With some quick and easy recipes like I'm showing you today, you will be well on your way to living your best life yet once you change that mindset. BUT I totally agree, that if you have no plan at all for dinner after work, that is stressful.
Soup is one of the easiest ways to get a hearty meal on the table in no time at all. You can make this quick and easy taco soup in under 30 minutes! If you prep ahead and want it warm and ready for when you get home from work you can easily throw it together the night before and start the slow cooker first thing in the morning. The flavors will have even more time to mingle and it will be outstanding! Even better if you have left overs to take for lunch the next day, am I right?
Simple Taco Soup
This is a simple taco soup recipe that can easily be adapted from using ground beef to even chicken, using an easy rotisserie chicken already cooked for you from the market. It really doesn't get any easier than this soup. It will take no time at all to saute some veggies and ground beef, add broth and toppings and you've got a tasty taco soup the whole family will love!
Low Carb Keto Taco Soup
What's the difference between a traditional taco soup and a low carb keto taco soup you ask? Well for one thing, beans! There are no beans in this soup. Next ingredient usually in traditional taco soup? Corn! There is no corn in this keto taco soup. Neither of those ingredients are low carb or keto and neither will be missed in this recipe I promise you that! It's truly all about the toppings when it comes to this easy keto taco soup. A dollop of sour cream, chopped ripe avocado, cheese......yum yum yum! In place of the missing beans and corn, you've got some bell peppers and onion which make a nice bite of texture along with some tomatoes. and while tomatoes may not technically be keto to you, in small amounts like in this taco soup, it's needed as it flavors the soup like traditional taco soup and the macros are low enough to fit nicely into a ketogenic diet.
Naturally Keto Cookbook
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? In case you've not heard, it is epic and it is available now for pre-order! All my best work in one perfect book, full of luscious recipes the whole family will enjoy whether or not they are keto!
Even if you're not actually on a keto diet, you will love the recipes in this cookbook! Real meals for families, nothing too complicated and flavor filled and satisfying! I worked this past year to put together my very best recipes that my family and I absolutely love and request often, and now they are compiled all in one beautiful cookbook. And my favorite part, there are pictures for every single recipe! Not an easy task but I know how worth it is for even me, to be able to see a final product of a written recipe and I wanted to make that happen for this cookbook. When you pre-order this cookbook, you are guaranteed the lowest discounted price that Amazon offers. So no need to wait to see if the price lowers, you will get the lowest price and you will receive it by Release Date October 29th!
EVERYONE who has pre-ordered my New Cookbook, Naturally Keto AND ANYONE WHO PURCHASES DURING OCTOBER is going to get a FREE COPY of my Pumpkin Desserts ebook!
Just make sure you've sent me a copy of your receipt of pre- ordering to [email protected], and I will email out a FREE COPY! Pre Order Here! This offer ends October 31st to get this Free Bonus!
Keto Taco Soup
Keto Taco Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or ghee or butter)
- 1 small onion (70g), finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb ground beef (453g)
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning (use seasonings in my Taco Zucchini Boats)
- ½ medium red pepper (60g), diced small
- ½ medium yellow pepper (60g), diced small
- ½ medium green pepper (60g), diced small
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree (1-2 tablespoon)
- 2 cups beef broth (or chicken broth)
- ½ teaspoon salt (½-1 teaspoon salt depending on if there is salt in your taco seasoning)
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper Optional
To Serve (Optional):
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican shredded cheese)
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 jalapeno’s Optional, chopped
- low-carb tortilla chips Optional
- In a dutch oven or non stick soup pan, heat the oil, ghee or butter. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spatula as it cooks, until browned (approximately 4 - 5 minutes). If desired, drain and discard the fat.
- Add the taco seasoning and chopped peppers and fry for 1 further minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, puree and broth. Season with salt, optional cracked black pepper. Stir well.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until thick and flavorsome.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and top with avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and cilantro. Top with optional jalapeños and low-carb tortilla chips.
- Storage: Refrigerate in Tupperware for up to 3 days or freeze for 3 months
Jo is the creative food photographer and stylist behind the healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo's a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also dairy-free.