These Keto Maple Pumpkin Scones are the perfect fall breakfast, brunch or snack! Enjoy warm right out of the oven with a pat of butter or just room temperature with a warm cup of coffee or tea!
The flavor of the fall season is always and forever, PUMPKIN! All things pumpkin is what it's all about where I live and whether or not you truly love pumpkin or not, you've got to get in on at least one pumpkin recipe this season. These scones are just the right balance of pumpkin flavor. Not heavily pumpkin flavored, and with a warm hint of maple flavor, making these a decadent and satisfying breakfast for the family.
Making scones keto-fied can be somewhat of a challenge. Without the use of a gluten type of flour, the dough can tend to be more delicate to work with. Xanthan gum is extremely important in gluten free recipes as it acts like gluten would and gives the texture more of a chewy bite. If you don't have xanthan gum or choose not to use it, you can swap it with guar gum or arrowroot powder.
It's also really important to allow them to cool for at least 10-15 minutes out fo the oven so they will be less likely to crumble. Using a combination of almond flour and a bit of coconut flour provides a nice dense texture typical of a traditional scone.
You can easily make these dairy free by swapping the heavy cream for coconut milk in this recipe. We hope you enjoy these delicious fall inspired scones!
Meal Plan Membership
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Naturally Keto Cookbook
EVERYONE who has pre-ordered my New Cookbook, Naturally Keto AND ANYONE WHO PURCHASES DURING OCTOBER is going to get a FREE COPY of my Pumpkin Desserts ebook!
Just make sure you've sent me a copy of your receipt of pre- ordering to [email protected], and I will email out a FREE COPY! Pre Order Here! This offer ends October 31st to get this Free Bonus!
Other Pumpkin recipes you might enjoy:
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Frappuccino
- Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Bulletproof Pumpkin Spice latte
- Pumpkin Cloud Bread
- Pumpkin Donuts
Keto Maple Pumpkin Scones
Keto Maple Pumpkin Scones
- 1 cup almond flour (100g)
- 6 tablespoon coconut flour (30g)
- ¼ cup Swerve granular (40g)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (2g)
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream (59.5g)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree unsweetened (100g)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted (27.2g)
- 1 large egg (50g)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (4.2g)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the ingredients. Form into a ball of dough.
- Place the dough onto the sheet pan in the shape of a circle. Cut into 8 pieces and move them a ¼ inch apart.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a scone comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before serving or transferring to a lidded container.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
"Lauren is the founder of the creative content agency Healthful Creative which helps food centered brands share their story through recipe development and food photography. She's also the founder of the gluten-free website Wicked Spatula and the co-founder of the keto website, Cast Iron Keto."