This easy keto ham and cheese quiche is a great way to use left over ham or swap with chicken. Every mouthwatering bite has creamy mascarpone and mozzarella mixed throughout, making this a decadent, satisfying keto meal!
Though a quiche is typically made with a savory pie crust, you can enjoy a keto quiche without one and save yourself on the carb amount. Most quiche recipes use a heavy amount of cream because of having a crust to help stabilize it, but I've got a technique below that works just as well for this creamy, savory, crustless keto quiche.
CAN YOU SWAP MASCARPONE FOR CREAM CHEESE?
Yes you certainly can if you don't want to purchase mascarpone. Cream cheese has less fat content than mascarpone and will need to be softened in order to spoon out into the quiche. Mascarpone is Italian cream cheese using full fat cream which gives it a softy, velvety smooth texture right out of the fridge. It does have a slight sweeter taste than American cream cheese but in this keto quiche that sweetness is masked by the saltiness of the ham. Either will work though in this delicious crustless keto quiche.
CRUST OR CRUSTLESS QUICHE
While you can certainly add a keto pie crust, like my Coconut Flour Pie Crust, you really won't even miss it. Adding a sprinkle of grated parmesan over the greased pie dish helps prevent any type of soggy base. This is exactly what I did for my Keto Crustless Spinach Pie recipe which has rave reviews. Of course you will save on the total amount of carbs having this keto quiche without a crust, but again it's your preference.
HOW TO STORE QUICHE
Once you've enjoyed a piece and there are some left overs, simply cover it well with parchment and plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. I would not suggest freezing this quiche.
30% OFF KETO LOW CARB MEAL PLANS
Happy New Year 2021!!! I can't think of a better time to get started on meal planning, especially if you've never tried it before! We are hoping you are ready to get started with out Keto or Low Carb meal plans and to make this even easier for you, we are giving a coupon for the new year! Use code NY2021at check out today off our monthly or yearly membership and you'll get 30% OFF! This offer ends at the end of January so act now!
You can choose from Three Meal Plan Options:
Low Carb Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 40 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Keto Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 20 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Intermittent Fasting Keto Meal Plan includes 2 meals per day plus one protein/fat rich snack daily with no more than 20 TOTAL carbs per day.
KETO HAM CHEESE QUICHE
Keto Ham & Cheese Quiche
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cooked ham chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch pie dish with 2 tablespoons butter and place onto a large sheet pan. Sprinkle grated parmesan over the bottom of the dish.
- Scatter the cooked ham into the bottom of the pie dish.
- Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, mozzarella, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the ham in the pie dish. Drop tablespoon sized pieces of mascarpone all over the mixture in the dish. Alternately you can also whisk the mascarpone in with the egg mixture if you prefer then add to pie dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until center is set, but still slightly jiggly. Allow to cool about 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy immediately and place any left overs in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days.