This Amazing Thin Crust Cauliflower Pizza needs just 5 ingredients and it’s low carb, gluten free, nut free, keto and I promise you, does not even taste like cauliflower!
I’m sure some of you have attempted a cauliflower pizza before in hopes it would satisfy that carb loving craving. And I bet you’ve been disappointed. I’ve even been disappointed in recipes I’ve tried. All of them seemed to fail in the ability to be able to pick it up like a typical pizza.
I’m here today sharing my take on the cauliflower pizza that truly curbs that greasy pizza craving you so desire and it does not even have a hint of cauliflower taste!
Doesn’t it look fabulous? All the makings of a really good pizza and it’s just 3 net carbs for 2 slices for this crust and you can REALLY pick it up, for real!!!
When I’ve made cauliflower pizza in the past, most recipes always seem to include mozzarella cheese. I have these tasty Cheesy Cauliflower “Bread Sticks” that are use mozzarella, but weren’t strong enough in my opinion to use as a pizza in order to add toppings other than cheese. So I decided a change in the cheese was in order. If you think about it, mozzarella is a moisture rich cheese and that is why any cauliflower pizzas that include it are never going to have that ability to actually pick up with your hands and eat it.
I decided a hard dry cheese was needed to create that texture I so desired, that ability to truly eat this pizza with your hands, not a fork and knife. Parmesan cheese was my choice!
After it cooks if you want to firm it up even more before diving in, you can cut it and place the pizza slices on a wire rack which will help them not to get soggy on the baking pan.
Is it a perfect resemblance to a thin crust carb laden dough? No of course not. But it is a pizza you don’t need to eat with a fork and knife. It is low carb, keto and gluten free and it does curb that craving. It passed the test with my picky children and hubby and the teenager who hates anything cauliflower ate a piece.
- You can buy a small head of cauliflower to rice it yourself in a food processor. A small head is about 4 cups florets, once riced if you have more than 10 ounces in weight, do not include. Make sure to weight out the 10 ounces on a scale. The raw cauliflower does not need to be precooked.
- You could also just buy cauliflower rice in the frozen section in Walmart and other supermarkets. My frozen cauli rice was a perfect 10 ounce bag which will be a time saver in the making of this pizza.
- I recommend buying parmesan and grating it yourself.
- Nutrition info does not include the marinara sauce, cheese and pepperoni, it’s for the crust alone.
- My Quick Marinara sauce is fabulous for this pizza!
- I used a 12 inch in diameter round pizza pan.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Keto Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza
- 10 ounces cauliflower rice or 4 cups florets
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg large (1/4 cup liquid)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until crumbly and rice like.
Heat the cauliflower rice in a dry skillet over medium high heat, stirring often to remove as much moisture as possible, about 10 minutes. Once it looks somewhat dry, add parmesan cheese and seasonings.
Continue to cook on medium heat until the parmesan is melted.
Remove from the heat and stir in the egg.
Use parchment on a 12 inch round pizza pan and spray with olive oil cooking spray.Place another piece of parchment paper on top and spread out the "dough" and flatten as best you can. Make the edges slightly higher to form a crust.
Bake for 20 minutes. Add your favorite toppings and bake another 10 minutes. Cut into 8 large slices and serve!
Nutrition Information is for the cauliflower crust, not including toppings.
Net Carbs for 2 slices= 3g