These Sugar Free Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls are made with Nut Free Fathead Dough! They're Gluten Free, Keto and the texture is so much like traditional cinnamon buns you will shock your family and even yourself!
KETO LOW CARB CINNAMON ROLLS
The holiday season, specifically Christmas is not complete without a breakfast of CINNAMON ROLLS, agreed?!! These beauties can hold their own in deliciousness and easiness to traditional sugar carb laden cinnamon rolls. The Magic Dough needs just a few ingredients to transform it into the texture you've been missing if you've been on a low carb diet for some time now.
NUT FREE FATHEAD DOUGH
Unlike the classic Fathead dough made with almond flour, my dough is made with coconut flour and honestly I don't want to toot my own horn, but it's pretty perfect in the ability to make you feel like your biting into a fluffy carby roll! I've used this magic dough for many recipes being savory or sweet!
MORE FATHEAD DOUGH RECIPES
You can make this ahead, just cook it and don't frost it. Once cooled after cooking, cover and refrigerate. Reheat in the oven at 350 with aluminum on top so it doesn't get too browned for about 20- 30 minutes. Remove the cover for the last few minutes then top with the frosting before serving the morning you want these.
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD CINNAMON ROLLS
I prepared this recipe and DID NOT bake it. I covered it well and tight with plastic wrap and refrigerated it on Christmas Eve. The morning of Christmas I let it sit on the counter for 1 hour before baking.
The only difference I noticed was that it took about 25 minutes instead of 15 minutes to bake in order for the dough to fully cook and get browned. I also reduced the amount of sweetener as a few comments mentioned it was too sweet.
I was out of the Sukrin brown sugar sub so I used Swerve confectioners instead for the Cinnamon "Sugar". I prefer the Sukrin though, as I felt and my hubby, the Swerve left a bit of an aftertaste. But as far as texture it was just as good as having made it fresh.
My TASTE TESTERS:
- Hubby- the carb and sugar lover actually LOVED these eating 3 of them! Claiming if I make these for Christmas he'll not feel deprived at all or missing the kind from the can!
- The two youngest kids loved them as well.
- The picky teen, thought they were too sweet. UGH? Cinnamon rolls are meant to be a sweet treat. Anyway, I'll take it, maybe his taste buds are changing and prefers less sweetness and for that I'm fine with.
CAN COCONUT FLOUR BE SWAPPED FOR ALMOND?
Unfortunately coconut flour and almond flour can not be equally swapped in a recipe. Coconut flour is very dense and you only need about ¼ cup to every 1 cup of almond flour, a big difference. You also need more liquids using coconut flour.
I'd say please try my coconut flour cinnamon rolls before saying you hate coconut flour. But if you have an allergy to coconut simply look online for a keto cinnamon roll recipe using almond flour instead.
KETO NUT FREE CINNAMON ROLLS
Keto Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls (Fathead, Almond Flour Free)
- ½ cup butter melted
- ⅓ cup Sukrin Gold or use Swerve brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- New Easy Method below in Notes or Combine the mozzarella and cream cheese and melt together either 2 minutes in a microwave or over the stove on low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Add the remaining dough ingredients, wet hand and thoroughly incorporate as much as possible.
- Roll the dough on a piece of parchment paper, top with another sheet of parchment since the dough is quite sticky, about 16 by 8 in.
- Slice into 12 strips. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, sugar free sweetener and cinnamon. Mix well to combine, use half the mixture to spread onto the strips of dough. Roll them up and place them on a greased or parchment lined pie dish. Use the remaining butter mixture to pour over the tops of the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake 15-18 minutes. While they are baking you can make the frosting.
- Add the frosting ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once rolls are hot out of the oven spread the frosting over the tops of the rolls and enjoy!