Leprechaun Mint Chip Ice Cream is dairy free and with no added sugars!
Leprechaun Green Ice Cream or Minty Fake out Ice Cream, whatever you want all it, it is an ice cream lovers dream and no ice cream maker is needed! I'm sure you've seen plenty of versions of ice cream made out of bananas. In fact I have my own Chocolate Peanut butter version with Homemade Magic Shell that is outstanding. But since St. Patrick's day is approaching I thought it fitting to keep up with the green theme and bring you something the kids might fall in love with and you as mom can be thrilled no sugar is added, just the natural sugar from the bananas. Creamy, quick and tastes like mint chip ice cream!
This ice cream just takes minutes to blend then placed back in the freezer for about 15 minutes! Add cacao nibs or chocolate chips which ever you prefer. Or add my chocolate hardening sauce below and watch it transform into hardened, aka "Magic Shell" right before the kids eyes! All sugar free of course!
Topped here with some Homemade Sugar Free Magic Shell! y kiddies loved it and actually my boys aren't fans of minty anything just my daughter but they all tried a bite and loved it! I kept the ret for myself!
- I keep my ripe bananas frozen and defrost to be semi frozen for this recipe.
- If your banana isn't frozen just place in the freezer for about an hour.
- You can skip the peppermint stevia if your not a fan and just use plain or powdered. Just taste and adjust.
- The lemon juice does help keep the color nice and green. I have stored some left over ice cream in the freezer but it took over an hour on the counter to defrost before I was able to eat it. So I would recommend eating this immediately rather than storing in the freezer.
- Nutrition Info includes cacao nibs but not Magic shell.
Leprechaun Mint Chip Ice Cream
- 1 small ripe banana semi frozen
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 10 drops peppermint stevia
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Optional: Homemade Magic Shell
- Place your banana in the freezer for an hour if not already frozen.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetener as needed.
- Stir in cacao nibs if desired.
- Return to freezer for 15-30 minutes then top with Homemade magic shell if desired.