Low Carb Caramel Cheesecake Stuffed Apples have no added sugars, are gluten free, grain free and a perfect Autumn dessert!
A ripe baked apple, especially in fall, makes for a tasty treat! But when you take that perfectly baked apple and use it as a shell for a caramel flavored cheesecake, well that my friends is the icing on the cake. It truly doesn't get any better than a creamy cheesecake made without any added sugars and the natural sweetness from the apple all soaked into to it.
I'm drooling just thinking about a bite of these!
Recently I was provided some samples to review of Sukrin USA, Non GMO sugar free products. My first experience was using their brown sugar substitute called Sukrin Gold. I made some incredible tasty PUMPKIN DONUTS that were a big hit with my family!
Today I'm sharing about my experience using the Sukrin Gold Fiber Syrup that is just pure delicious sugar free syrup that reminds me of maple syrup only better! Better because it doesn't spike my blood sugar causing me to crave and crash from a sugar coma!
The best part about this recipe is that once you do the hard work of scooping out the insides of the apples, the rest is super easy. Your mixer will do the work and you will fill, bake, chill and enjoy hearing the oohs and aaahs from your family!
This Sukrin Gold Fiber Syrup is perfect on anything where you would typically add some maple syrup, like here in my Grain Free Pumpkin Pancakes! But on top if these apples, oh my, it's magical!
This recipe almost reminds me of a caramel apple on a stick, but my difference is the apple has been hollowed out and filled with luscious cheesecake! My kids and friends who came over ate these up with their fingers! No fork needed and they ate all of the apple as well!
- The first time I made this recipe I used Macintosh apples. The kids liked the soft exterior but I found them to be a bit mushy. The second time I made this I tried Red Delicious apples and the firmer apple appealed more to me then the kids. Any apple that you personally enjoy will work here.
- If you don't have cinnamon steiva, add a ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- If you don't have the Surkin Gold Fiber Syrup which provides the caramel flavor you might want to add another teaspoon of the maple extract I used below to add that flavor or use Lakanto Sugar Free maple syrup.
Low Carb Caramel Cheesecake Stuffed Apples
- 1 pound apples equals 2 pounds prior to scooping out insides, 1 pound after
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon liquid stevia
- ¼ cup Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Swerve brown sugar sub Optional as a topping
- Chop off the tops of the apples, scoop out center to ¼ inch from edges and discard. Place them in a baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer add the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into each apple, sprinkle Swerve Brown Sugar sub if using and bake 30 minutes.
- Cool then refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of Surkin Gold Fiber Syrup.
These look delicious! Can you serve them warm?
This is ONE serving?
The plug in was glitchy, it's been fixed, you should see it now.
Wow these look incredible! I am always looking for delicious sugar free dessert ideas! We will definitely be trying these this weekend. Our favorite apples are honey crisp. Do you think they would be too sweet for this recipe?
Those would be great!
this recipe is genius, brenda. i've made a lot of nut butter and cinnamon filled baked apples but never would've thought of cheesecake in an apple!! i cannot wait to try this. i have swerve granulated sweetener but haven't ever seen sukrin before. do you know if it is in stores yet?
I think it's only online, haven't seen it in store but is it so worth it! I'm loving it so far! And thank you!
I want to try these but I'm cconfused. You cut off tops of apples then do you scrap inside of apple out to add cream cheese filling or just add on top of apples before cooking them?
Scoop all inside out of apple, I scraped till about 1/4 inch away from the edges. Don't scrape through the bottom of the apple, it needs to be like a bowl to hold the filling when baking.
Can anyone use the discount code you put out on line?
I love these sugar free recipes, but I cannot find many of the ingredients at my local stores. I was happy to find Vanilla Stevia finally in Target, but cannot find other flavors.
I believe the Sukrin is something you need to buy online. All the flavors of stevia and most of the ingredients except Sukrin I used is purchased at iherb.com. You can use my discount code YAJ035
I read that each apple has 7 grams of sugar. Too much for me!
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado
Holy cow! These inside out carmel cheesecake stuffed apples are genius! Such a perfect healthy fall dessert that everyone will love!
Thanks so much!