This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Low Carb Cheddar Sausage Stuffed Bagels are a tasty and easy baked bagel that has no grains, no nuts, no gluten and is 100% perfection!
When it comes to breakfast, my family and I like hearty, filling and warm meals to start the day.
Sometimes I can get them to have a smoothie for breakfast, but when it’s a cold winter’s morning, they want a hot meal.
This year I’ve partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you some family friendly, but low carb recipes using some of my favorite flours and other products they make.
If you’re new to my page you may not have known that my youngest son has a tree nut allergy. Making low carb recipes without nut flours has been easy using Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut flour. My son doesn’t like the flavor of coconut at all, but disguising it into tasty recipes like these bagels, and he doesn’t even realize he’s eating it.
My life is all about getting the most bang for my buck as far as time goes in the kitchen. I want to make it once, have a lot left over, to enjoy multiple times during the week. I also have 3 kids and a hungry hubby so a few days of not worrying about a healthy breakfast for them is key.
These bagels are the perfect thing to make ahead on the weekend and store in the fridge for the week ahead.
Once the sausage is cooked and the batter is prepared, set up is fairly easy. If you’re not a fan of pork sausage, use ground turkey or chicken.
It’s an all-in-one meal! You’ve got the protein and it’s low carb too!
Healthy, easy, make ahead, low carb, satisfying! And if you too have someone in your family with a nut allergy, this is perfect for them. If you have someone who doesn’t like coconut like my little man, no problem, they will never even taste it!
- Are you unsure about all the sugar free sweetener options and what is the difference between sugar free versus low carb? Here’s what you’ll see shared on my blog as well. If you’re all ready a sugar free fan, but need a little guidance in converting some recipes to sugar free, this post about all the differences with stevia plus a conversion chart might help you.
- And last if you’re ready to start the New Year, but need a little more help and guidance you can check out my Sugar Detox Plan and well as my Cookbook for more helpful recipes.
- You can subscribe for free by email so you won’t ever miss any recipes I share on social media and just for subscribing you receive a FREE recipe from my Cookbook!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Cheddar Sausage Stuffed Bagels
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 cup protein powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage casings removed, cooked, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a stand mixer blend the eggs and sour cream until combined.
Whisk the flax, salt, baking powder, coconut flour and protein powder together in a bowl.
Slowly pour dry mixture into wet in the mixer.
Combine cheddar cheese with Italian seasonings and garlic powder in a small bowl.
Stir in 1/2 of the cheddar cheese and seasoning mixture into the batter in the mixer.
Grease 2 donut pans with olive oil cooking spray.
Pour batter evenly into each.
Spoon 1/2 of the cooked sausage crumbles into the batter of each.
Sprinkle the rest of the cooked sausage crumbles over the top of each bagel .
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and add the rest of the shredded cheese over each bagel.
Bake another 5 minutes.
Cool slightly then using a knife, loosen around the edges of each bagel and in the center.
Enjoy warm or refrigerate and reheat for 30 seconds to a minute in the microwave.
Net Carbs: 1.9g
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are 100% my own and always will be. Thank you for supporting the brands I enjoy working with!