This Amazing Low Carb Skillet Cookie is keto, gluten free, sugar-free, nut free and in just one decadent bite you feel like your cheating on your sugar-free diet, but you're not!
What is a Skillet Cookie?
It's A GIANT COOKIE made in a skillet! A cookie lovers dream! No need to scoop a bunch of little cookies when you just make the entire recipe and dump into a skillet. Easy peasy! You don't even need to slice it, everyone can just grab a spoon and dig in! Even better is when said Skillet Cookie is gluten free, nut free, sugar free, low carb and Keto, well, that my friends is a low carb/sugar free lovers dream!
Did you ever have this great intention to make something so decadent and delicious, but then it falls through and you're left starting over? Sometimes that happens, but sometimes, it turns out better than that first intention. Such is the case with this recipe I'm sharing today.
As a busy mom, I'm always looking for simple desserts, ones that take little effort in the kitchen but everyone loves and thinks you spent hours. My orginial plan with this recipe was for the slow cooker. And in fact you could probably still make this in the slow cooker, but it doesn't come out looking like this pie, more like bars instead.
The cast iron skillet really creates that outer cookie crispness and perfect gooey center. After making this recipe twice in the slow cooker and doing some tweaks with the amounts of flour, I opted to try it a third time in the cast iron skillet and I am so happy I did. Masterpiece right here!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie
Perfect outer edges like a cookie would typically have and the center is all soft and gooey like. I mean this is truly perfection! My entire picky family and even the hubby loved this so much! Even after a few days on the counter the hubby tried a piece and didn't even warm it up, (what a shame in my opinion!), but still loved every bite.
Enjoy room temperature or warm with some Sugar-Free Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream!
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz sour cream
- 1 cup Sukrin Gold, packed or Swerve Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sesame flour (or 200grams) or if no tree nut allergies use almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add your butter, cream cheese, sour cream to a stand mixer and blend until smooth.
- Add the sweetener, vanilla extract, stevia and cream to the mixer and blend until combined. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixer, except the chocolate chips. Blend until incorporated then stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Grease a 9 inch cast iron skillet and spread the batter into the skillet.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20-30minutes before serving.
- You can sub another sweetener for the Sukrin Gold, but in my opinion the Sukrin is the BEST naturally made brown sugar sub I've found.
- If you don't have vanilla stevia you can skip it or swap it by adding another ½ cup of sweetener of choice.
- I've made this twice using sesame seeds instead of the sesame flour and I must say the flour is better. The seeds while you can grind them in a blender, don't provide a smooth texture as using the flour. You can easily swap the sesame flour with almond in this recipe.
- This recipe was originally posted in November 2017 and updated with video in 2018.
- UPDATE NOVEMBER 2018: I recalculated the nutrition because I found that Sukrin has a fantastic sesame flour which contains 15 grams fo fiber and only 6 carbs per 100 grams, making that one the best choice for using sesame flour over other brands.