This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Sugar Free Grain Free Vanilla Wafers made low carb, grain free and gluten free! These are the perfect make ahead cookie that can be rolled into a cylinder form, wrapped and stored in the fridge or frozen for easy slice and bake cookies whenever you like.
Vanilla wafers were and will always be a classic, comforting cookie from my childhood.
Crumbles all over my pajamas and a glass a milk on a little folding table by the couch, sitting with my grandmother watching TV; a fond memory I will always cherish.
While the recipe for those classic cookies my grandmother and I used to enjoy may be quite different then the ones I’m sharing today, the classic taste is still prevalent and comforting all the way. The smell alone while baking will remind you of home, wherever that may be.
The best part about these cookies is how easy they are to prepare. Basically like a slice and bake cookie that makes life so easy. You can even freeze after you roll it and thaw for whenever you feel like baking some cookies.
Sometimes basic and plain is a good thing. Why mess with perfection? No need to add anything to these cookies really, they are perfect as is.
Maybe they don’t look exactly like thin vanilla wafers and may not be exactly as crisp as the ones you can buy, but for a grain free, gluten free, low carb, sugar free cookie, oh my these are spectactular!
With a slight bit of crumbly…….that’s how I like them.
Also perfect for banana cream pie parfaits, but that’s for another time.
Right now you can serve these up with any dip you like.
I’ve got a Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip you might enjoy or my newest creation below!
These pair perfectly with my Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip!
Other Sugar Free Dips you might like:
This recipe was first published in October of 2015 and I decided a great video was in order for this fabulous cookie to come out of the archives! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar Free Grain Free Vanilla Wafers
- 1/2 cup coconut flour 58g
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener or other granulated sugar free sub 64g
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- Add the first 4 ingredients to your stand mixer and blend on low to combine.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the mixer and blend on medium speed until thoroughly incorporated.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap on the counter and form the dough into a cylinder shape.
- Wrap tightly and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap the dough and slice into 18 cookies.
- Place them onto a silpat lined or parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10-14 minutes until golden brown around edges.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy or store in an airtight container.
Net Carbs: 2.1g per serving