This Low Carb Cranberry Cream Cheese Danish is flour free, gluten free, keto, grain free and made with my Nut Free Fathead Dough!
The holidays are upon us and here at SugaFreeMom.com, that means spectacular healthy, low carb recipes that makes entertaining family and friends easy and enjoyable!
Every holiday not only needs fabulous desserts, but also fabulous breakfast or brunch recipes. Today you get a two for one deal! Enjoy this Low Carb Keto Cranberry Cheese Danish for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
All my baking always involves Bob's Red Mill. I love all their products! I weekly use their Coconut Flour and Almond flour as well as their ground flaxseed.
This danish is just one of those recipes that is perfect if you've got some overnight guests. Easy to make, but more special than a traditional breakfast of bacon and eggs. The dough is pretty simple and doesn't require any yeast or flour!
If cranberries aren't your favorite, swap them for raspberries, blueberries or blackberries which would be just as delicious. But if you're looking for a Christmas breakfast this would be my choice! My oldest son, is pretty picky and even he said, "Tastes like a traditional danish Mom, it's super good!" I'll take that as a win!
The cream cheese drizzle is of course totally optional, but truly puts this over the top! It's so tasty you'll be tempted to smear it all over your face, I mean......slice. 🙂
Enjoy with some Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa!
- You can always sub the sweeteners for whatever you like to use, but that being said, you'll have to take a good guess on how much to use. ½ teaspoon of vanilla stevia is about ½ cup of sugar in sweetness.
- I chose Sukrin Fiber Clear Syrup to mix with the cranberries. I tried this first using frozen cranberries and mixing it was difficult. I recommend fresh instead, but if you only have frozen, just thaw first then fix with the syrup.
- If you don't want to make my dough you can certainly use whatever dough you like.
SUGAR FREE CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE DANISH
Keto Cranberry Cream Cheese Danish (Nut Free)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- New method: Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until combined. Remove and place into a microwavable bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or double boiler to melt mixture over low heat on the stove. Stir again to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out the dough to an oval shape. You can wet hands and flatten the dough or place another piece of parchment over the dough and use a rolling pin. Set aside to make filling.
- Add the cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla extract and stevia to a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth. Add cranberries to a small bowl and mix with Sukrin syrup.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture down the middle of the dough. Top cream cheese with cranberries.
- Cut diagonal strips of dough lengthwise on each side of the oval shape and overlap the strips towards the center.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool then refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, add optional topping if desired. Simply place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Drizzle over the danish and enjoy!