This easy keto, low carb cranberry sauce has a hint of orange, and is perfectly sweet, but made without adding sugar and has just 5 ingredients!
EASY KETO CRANBERRY SAUCE
This easy keto cranberry sauce takes little time in the kitchen and is packed full of flavor! No one will be able to tell this cranberry sauce is sugar free and low carb!
Cranberry sauce or jelly whichever your preference is the epitome of Thanksgiving. Without it, the table is just not ready, and if not served on Thanksgiving someone will inevitably ask for it. With just a few simple ingredients and a wonderful sugar free sweetener, you can still enjoy cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving even if you're on a keto or low carb diet!
With a slight hint of orange zesty-ness and perfectly sweetened with orange flavored stevia you won't have anyone asking if it's healthy. If you don't have orange flavored stevia on hand, use plain stevia or even lemon would work.
Because it's so low in calories and carbs you can go enjoy some more pie! Maybe my Low Carb Chocolate Pecan pie is going on your table this year? I'd love to hear if you make it for family and if they can even tell it's low carb or low sugar, let me know!
FRESH OR FROZEN CRANBERRIES
Fresh is best, but frozen can be used in this recipe. If using frozen, best to thaw the bag overnight in the fridge the day before you want to make the recipe, don't drain anything, use as is and follow the instructions below.
HOW TO MAKE EASY KETO CRANBERRY SAUCE
- Fresh cranberries, 24 ounces or frozen
- Swerve Confectioners sweetener, 1 cup
- Orange zest, about 2 teaspoons fresh
- Orange liquid stevia or even vanilla liquid stevia
Combine cranberries, water, Swerve, orange zest to a sauce pan.
Boil over medium heat, stir frequently, mash cranberries if needed, for about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and add stevia.
Cool slightly then taste and adjust sweetener.
Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
LOW CARB SWEETENER OPTIONS
- I've used a combination of Swerve confectioners and liquid stevia orange flavored. If you aren't a fan of stevia, just add another cup of Swerve.
- Allulose is another wonderful sweetener that won't spike your blood sugar. Use the same amount as the Swerve in the recipe as it is about the same sweetness as Swerve.
- Monk Fruit is also another sweetener I use and enjoy. In granulated form it does combine monk fruit with erythritol. It is sweeter than both Swerve and Allulose so you would only need ¾ cup.
I created the Most Comprehensive Guide to Natural Sugar-Free Low Carb Keto Sweeteners! You will learn all about natural sugar free sweeteners, which sweeteners to use for your baking needs, how to replace the different sweeteners, best sweeteners conversion chart including Stevia, Erythritol, Monk Fruit & Allulose as well as sugar substitutes to avoid. Please use my Sweetener Guide and conversion chart for other sweeteners to try!
CAN I LEAVE OUT THE ORANGE ZEST?
Yes, if you really don't want the orange zest you can certainly leave it out. But I recommend it as cranberries can be so tart, the orange zest helps balance the flavors and the acidity really makes for a wonderful bright flavor.
KETO THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Thanksgiving doesn't have to be scary if you're following a low-carb or keto diet. It also doesn't have to be a crazy day of eating all the things, since Thanksgiving only comes once a year.
Making a decision to eat low-carb and/or keto on Thanksgiving is not a sacrifice, it does not have to feel like deprivation at all. The recipes I'm sharing below will make you feel like you are not losing out on anything everyone else is eating.
The key to making this a sustainable way of life is planning and preparing ahead the wonderful low carb recipes that you can share with everyone you're with. I can guarantee no one will even realize they are eating a low carb dish or keto Thanksgiving dessert.
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Keto Pumpkin Cauliflower Mash
- Pecan Cranberry Brussels Sprout Salad
- Green Bean Casserole
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Bread
- Pecan Pie in my Naturally Keto Cookbook!
KETO LOW CARB CRANBERRY SAUCE
Low Carb Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Combine cranberries, water, Swerve, orange zest to a sauce pan.
- Boil over medium heat, stir frequently, mash cranberries if needed, for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add stevia.
- Cool slightly then taste and adjust sweetener.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.