These easy, low carb, nut free and gluten free truffles are inspired by the Girl Scout Samoa cookie and every bit as delicious!
Rich and luscious Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce combined with shredded coconut, and with a drizzle of sugar free chocolate make these one of the easiest no bake recipes you will want to enjoy again and again.
I can’t get enough of my recipe for caramel sauce and continue to want to make new recipes using it. It’s such a simple recipe yet so many other recipes can be developed using it. Of course if you don’t want to make my recipe for the caramel sauce you can take the easier way out and purchase some caramel sauce for use in this recipe. I’ve got a link below for you. But honestly after the caramel sauce is made it’s basically 3 ingredients!
Actually I think these might be even better than the Samoa cookie! Even if you can make a low carb Samoa cookie or have in the past, those need baking and this recipe doesn’t and that’s why I love it so. Mix and roll and set.
My entire family, picky hubby and kids too, were in love with these! It’s also a wonderful nut free option for those who have nut allergies in the family like we do.
Girl Scout cookie season may be almost over but these Samoa truffles can be enjoyed all year long!
- The making of the caramel sauce takes under 5 minutes but you do need to wait for a few hours for it to thicken. I found this sugar free caramel sauce which is sweetened with Splenda. I’m sure you could use it to replace my recipe if you wished.
- Everything I used is linked in the recipe below.
- After allowing the chocolate to set in the fridge, these were fine to leave out on the counter.
- You can use any chocolate of choice. The Lily’s Brand is sweetened with stevia.
These were LOVED by my picky family and even the hubby!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Samoa Truffles
- 8 ounces my sugar free microwave caramel sauce
- 12 ouncesunsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 ounces Lily's Sweets Sugar Free Chocolate Bar
Prepare my caramel sauce according to directions. Allow it to thicken for at least 3 hours or overnight on counter to thicken before using in this recipe.
Toast coconut in a dry skillet over medium heat until lightly browned.
Add the coconut to a bowl, pour in the caramel sauce and stir together until well combined.
Refrigerate 1 hour.
Roll into balls or use a large cookie scooper to scoop mounds and place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I was able to make 30 balls using my cookie scooper.
Freeze for 1 hour.
Melt chocolate in microwave or on low heat on stove.
Dip the bottom of each into chocolate and place back onto cookie sheet then drizzle more chocolate over the top.
Refrigerate to set the chocolate.
Net Carbs: 1.8g