These sugar-free, gluten free peppermint patty bites are grain free, low carb, no bake delights! Perfect for Christmas or New Year's!
If you love peppermint or even loved peppermint patty cool mint candies as a child, then these little bites will be your new favorite treat to make. Call them a fat bomb, call them candy, call them whatever you like, but these should be a must make for your holiday desserts!
Best part is they are no bake, except for a little melting of chocolate for the outer coating. It's simple, but pretty and festive for the holidays!
While traditional peppermint patties don't have a cookie crust, I felt like these little bites needed a cookie layer rather than be completely peppermint filling. I used my base from my Nanaimo Bars. I've made them twice but I feel the base should be a bit thinner than you see in this picture above. I used a loaf pan so I recommend an 8 by 8 pan instead to get a thinner cookie layer.
You can also make them in some silicone candy molds which would make them a bit smaller than I have here. You would also probably get more like 48 bites rather than just the 40 I made for this recipe using an 8 by 8 pan.
Some sugar-free crushed candy canes will take these from ordinary to holiday extraordinary!
- If you want to make these in a silicone candy mold, place the peppermint layer into the mold first, then press in the cookie layer so that when you pop them out of the molds the peppermint layer will be on top not on the bottom.
- If you really love peppermint feel free to add in some peppermint extract into the cookie layer as well.
- If you want to skip the cookie layer, you can make my orginial Peppermint Patties and top with some festive crushed candy canes for a holiday look!
No Bake Sugar-Free Peppermint Patty Bites
- ½ cup 70g raw unsaltedsunflower seeds
- 1 cup 70g shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup 40g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon butter softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup 50gSwerve sweetener
- 8 ounces 230g sugar free chocolate chips (I used Lily's Sweets)
- 1 tablespoon soft coconut oil
- crushed sugar-free candy canes for garnish
- Place the cookie layer ingredients into a food processor. Blend and/or pulse until combined well.
- Taste the cookie layer for sweetness, add more if needed. Set aside.
- Prepare the peppermint layer in a stand mixer. Place all ingredients in the mixer and blend on high until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- If you are using a candy mold, fill them half way with the peppermint batter then press in the cookie batter level with the top of each mold. Freeze for 1 hour.
- If you are using an 8 by 8 pan, place parchment paper in the pan and have enough hanging over the edges to easily remove later.
- Press the cookie batter onto the parchment as evenly as possible.
- Spread the peppermint batter over the cookie batter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together for 1 minute intervals in a microwavable bowl until smooth.
- If using mold, remove pieces from mold and coat each in chocolate. Remove excess chocolate using a fork and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle on crushed candy canes.
- If using 8 by 8 pan, remove by lifting sides of parchment paper. Cut into bite sized pieces. I made 40. Freeze pieces for 30 minutes before coating with chocolate and sprinkling with crushed candy canes.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.