This Sugar Free, Keto, Peanut Butter cheesecake mousse pie is made without sugar, low in carbs, gluten free with a chocolaty crust and needs no baking at all!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse Pie
When you hear no bake in a recipe does it make you excited? I'm all about less heating up the kitchen in the warmer months so my mission has been to create luscious no bake recipes lately. This peanut butter pie has been something on my mind for a long time. Ever since I made my no bake raspberry cheesecake mousse and before that my pumpkin cheesecake mousse, and a mint chocolate cheesecake mousse, I knew a peanut butter one was a must have for the summer.
I made this specifically when I knew I was having guests for a party, because quite honestly having this incredible pie around for too long in my house would have been too much of a temptation. So I waited.......
If you saw my recent recipe of Sparkling Basil Lemonade then you know why everyone was coming over. If not you can check it over now and come back here for the review from my friends about this pie!
The lovely friends who joined me for the party were my guinea pigs and all tried a piece to offer their opinions. 🙂 I love honest opinions, but I was pretty confident this pie was gonna rock their world. Many who attended are not accustomed to eating sugar-free desserts so I knew it had to be good to prove to them desserts without sugar can be just as delicious.
I mean seriously, does it look any different or less delicious knowing it's made sugar free? I think not!
Keto Chocolate Syrup
The chocolate syrup is a fantastic creation that can be made for any dessert or over ice cream or served to dip with fresh fruit. I made more than needed for the pie so it's not included in the recipe nutrition info because I'm not sure how much everyone topped their pie with. I also had quite a bit left over.
This is not a low calorie or low fat type pie. My goal has always been and remains the same, removing the sugar in recipes. This is certainly not an every day kind of dessert. When you want to wow some friends or for any special party this is a winning recipe. Since this is low in carbs, it's a perfect treat for a diabetic.
The verdict at the party:
- Out of 10 people, 2 felt it could be sweeter. 8 said it was sweet enough for them, in fact it was just PERFECT! BUT even those who said it could be a bit sweeter, ATE the entire piece given them!
- If you want a sweeter filling, increase the liquid vanilla stevia to another ½ teaspoon. You could also add ¼ cup erythritol to the filling instead of increase the vanilla stevia.
Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse Pie
No Bake Sugar- Free Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse Pie
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor and blend until incorporated to a fine crumb.
- Spread crust mixture into the bottom and sides of an 8 inch pie plate. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, blend the cream cheese until smooth then add the peanut butter, vanilla extract and stevia until combined well, no lumps.
- Pour in the heavy cream into a large bowl and use an electric mixer to blend on high until whipped. Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture.
- Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Spread filling mixture into crust and refrigerate 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, whisk together the chocolate syrup ingredients until smooth. Heat coconut oil slightly to make syrup liquidy when pouring over pie.
- Serve additional syrup on the side for extra on individual pieces if desired.
- Keep pie refrigerated. Chocolate syrup does not need refrigeration.
- You can use powdered stevia or erythritol in the filling but the liquid is best when blended.
- If you don't have the vanilla liquid stevia, plain will work as well as hazelnut or English toffee flavor.
- You can use whatever sweetener you like in the chocolate syrup. Just start with a small amount, taste and adjust.
- The chocolate syrup is not included in the nutritional information.
- This recipe was first published in July 2014 and updated with video in August 2019.