This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Thinly sliced, moist and tender chicken with fantastic seasonings and melt in your mouth texture, all in less than 30 minutes! Yes, it can be done. This recipe is a simple adaption from my original low fat chicken piccata, which is still fantastic but needed a little change.
Adding a small amount of gluten free flour to the chicken breast before browning them in a pan creates a juicy piece of meat that even your kids will find appetizing! You can certainly use whatever flour you have on hand if gluten is not an issue in your house.
Only 7 ingredients plus seasonings needed here and no oven required, all made on the stove. My kind of meal is one that can be made in less than 30 minutes on any weeknight that the whole family will love and this is a winner! My original recipe was a bit too lemony for the kids (Hubby and I love that version) so they like this adaption much better and of course it’s also picky hubby approved too!
If you’re looking for a completely carb free version the original recipe is the way to go, Healthy Low Fat Chicken Piccata.
You might also like:
- Pork Piccata with kale
- Healthier Chicken Parmesan
- Healthy Baked Chicken Fingers
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Fat Chicken Piccata [Gluten Free]
- 40 ounces chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour I used King Arthur's
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup capers rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Place each chicken breast portion between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each breast until its about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove top plastic wrap and salt and pepper chicken then dredge in flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Heat a large saute pan with oil.
- Cook chicken until lightly browned and no longer pink in center, turning halfway through cooking.
- Remove chicken and set aside in a covered container to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low. Add broth, garlic, capers, and lemon juice to saute pan and simmer for about 2 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through.
- Serve chicken with capers and lemon juices over top and sprinkle with parsley.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4*