This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This savory Cheesy Italian Sausage Pepper Quiche is gluten free, low carb and keto! Perfect for brunch or an easy meal any night of the week!
Italian Style Quiche
There’s just something about an All- in-One kind of meal. You know those meals that include your protein and veggies and all in a nice little package called a pie?
This meal is everything you love about savory pies and more. A cheesy quiche with crumbles of perfectly spiced sausage, the smokey flavor of roasted red peppers and oozing mozzarella in every crack and crevice.
Have I made you hungry yet?
Coconut Flour Pie Crust
The best savory pies start with the best savory pie crust. If your pie crust is soggy or just not that great, the filling won’t really matter.
A flaky crust is needed in this delicious Italian inspired pie. Mine just happens to be grain free, low carb and nut free. You won’t find many low carb crusts without almond flour but in our case, with a tree nut allergic child, that’s how I work.
It will be hard once this beauty is out of the oven, but you really must let it cool for a bit before slicing. It holds better when it’s had a chance to cool a while. About 15 minutes is all you will need to wait then serve yourself a nice hearty piece.
Sprinkle on little chopped fresh parsley for some color and freshness and dig in!
A hearty quiche to enjoy for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner that will satisfy everyone in the family!
If you love meals like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren’t interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you’ll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you’re well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Low Carb Italian Sausage Quiche
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Cheesy Italian Sausage Quiche
- 1 pre-baked low carb coconut flour pie crust
- 16 ounces Italian sausage casings removed
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- Optional: chopped fresh parsley to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place into pie shell.
- Add roasted red peppers over the sausage.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese over the sausage and peppers. Reserve the rest for the topping.
In a bowl whisk together the heavy cream, and eggs.
- Stir in ricotta and sour cream until combined well.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place pie onto a baking sheet.
- Cover crust edges with aluminum foil to avoid burning.
- Bake until center is just set, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
Net Carbs: 5g
You could also divide this into 12 smaller servings instead of 8 large servings.
This recipe was first published in March 2016 and updated with video and reposted in February 2019.