This keto chocolate mug cake recipe has peanut butter flavor throughout so whether you're a chocolate lover or peanut butter lover, this low carb mug cake will be perfect for you. Just 5 g net carbs for a single serving that can fit into your macros on either your keto diet or low carb diet.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Keto Mug Cake
When it comes to dessert, in my mind, there is no better combo than dark chocolate and peanut butter. So when your sweet tooth is craving chocolate, this keto Mug Cake recipe is a lifesaver.
Super easy dessert to whip up. Serve with keto ice cream, yogurt or whipped cream and an optional peanut butter drizzle.
Easy Keto Mug Cake Recipe
If you microwave them they take even less time, but I think they taste best made in the oven.
Made in single serve ramekins or coffee mugs, you can enjoy one each with your partner, snuggled up with Netflix , or make one and save one!
Feel free to double the amount if you want to make 6.
If you don’t have ramekins you can:
Bake in a silicone muffin tin
Makes: 6 muffins
Cook Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Bake as cookies on a baking sheet
Makes: 6 cookies
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake
To view the exact measurements, print the recipe and see the nutrition facts, please scroll to the bottom of this post to view the recipe card.
Swerve sweetener, granulated
Cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
Sea salt (if there is no salt in the peanut butter)
Natural peanut butter, unsweetened, or use almond butter if you prefer
Melted butter (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
Sugar-free chocolate chips (I use Lily's brand)
Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C / 160 fan.
Add all the dry ingredients (almond flour, Swerve, baking powder, cacao and optional salt) to a bowl and stir with a spoon to combine.
Place the eggs in a small bowl and whisk using an electric whisk until super fluffy.
Add the eggs, unsweetened peanut butter, butter and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix using the electric whisk until smooth. (Don’t over beat.)
Spoon the mix evenly into individual ramekins or coffee mug and press chocolate chips into the top.
Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or to your liking. Allow to cool for a few minutes so they firm up a little bit.
Serve with keto ice cream, yogurt or whipped cream and an optional drizzle of peanut butter over the top of the cake.
Storage: Best fresh.
Can I replace the almond flour with coconut flour?
No do not replace the almond flour for coconut flour in this recipe. The two are not easily swapped as the coconut flour needs more eggs and liquid.
Can I change the keto sweetener?
You can swap any low carb sweeteners I use in any keto recipes. Chocolate flavor Liquid stevia would be delicious in this keto mug cake.
Please refer to my Sweetener Guide & Conversion chart to help you decide how much sweetener to use.
Can I microwave instead of bake in the oven?
Yes you can microwave instead of bake this in the oven. Microwave on high for 60- 90 seconds until just set.
Can this be dairy free?
For a dairy free alternative, replace the butter with coconut oil.
Sugar Free Mug Cake Recipes
These easy recipes are all single servings for portion control and all have great macros for your keto lifestyle.
For special occasions or when sweet cravings hit, this is a great way to get your sweet fix without spiking your blood sugar.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 10 tablespoons almond flour
- 4 tablespoons Swerve sweetener granulated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2.5 tablespoons cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/16 teaspoon salt (if there is no salt in the peanut butter)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened peanut butter unsweetened, no sugar added
- 4 tablespoon butter melted (or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips Lily's brand
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C / 160 fan.
- Add all the dry ingredients (almond flour, Swerve, baking powder, cacao and optional salt) to a bowl and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and whisk using an electric whisk until super fluffy.
- Add the eggs, peanut butter, butter and vanilla to the dry ingredients and mix using the electric whisk until smooth. (Don’t over beat.)
- Spoon the mix evenly into individual ramekins and press chocolate chips into the top.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or to your liking. Allow to cool for a few minutes so they firm up a bit. Serve with keto ice cream, yogurt or whipped cream and an optional drizzle of peanut butter.
- Alternatively, microwave on high for 60- 90 seconds until just set.
- Storage: Best fresh.
[…] Sugar Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake […]