This Sugar Free Lemon Cheesecake Mousse is keto, low carb, and an elegant dessert for a weeknight treat or to serve to company!
Keto Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
I'm all about that chase, 'bout that chase......
(You were thinking of that song, All about that Bass weren't you? Well apparently I was LOL)
No seriously now, I'm always chasing that perfect dessert.
The easiest to make. The lowest carbs. The smoothest.
The one that doesn't leave you stuffed after indulging. The one that doesn't make you feel the least bit of guilt for eating. The creamiest of bites each time your spoon enters your mouth. That's the chase I'm referring to.
Lemon Cheesecake Video
And I've met my catch and this dessert is it. Purely heavenly!
Just 5 Simple Ingredients
When you only need 5 ingredients to make it and it comes out looking like a million bucks and tastes like it too, well that is priceless to me.
The chase is worth the price in this case.
But the best part? You won't be needing to chase down any ingredients, in fact you might have them in your kitchen all ready!
My husband is really not even of fan of stevia when I use it in no bake recipes. BUT for this one, since he loves lemon like I do, he devoured it and didn't complain of any aftertaste.
The lemon is the star here! You could even add this lemon cheesecake mousse to my low carb coconut flour pie crust for a real treat!
Enjoy this easy and non time consuming treat any night of the week!!
Some other Creamy, luscious desserts you might enjoy:
- No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Mousse
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- No Bake Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
- No Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Truffles
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Truffles
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse Pie
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- I realize mascarpone cheese might be much more expensive than cream cheese, but I must tell you it is so worth it! The creaminess is undeniably better than just using regular cream cheese!
- The longer you whip the mixture the thicker it will become. Choose your consistency.
- If you don't have liquid lemon stevia, use ⅛-1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract and 1 teaspoon clear liquid stevia. I prefer not to use powder or granulated sugar free sweeteners in this as the texture won't be as smooth. But you can certainly use whatever sweetener you have on hand that you prefer. Just taste and adjust to your liking.
- UPDATE: May 2018. I updated the directions from the original as some comments mentioned they couldn't get a good enough whipped cream texture to the mousse when adding all ingredients at once to the mixer. With the updated directions with should help alleviate that problem. Also added a video for you to see how easy this is!
- Original Recipe Posted First March 2015.
Sugar Free Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup lemon juice or 2 lemons
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½-1 teaspoon lemon liquid stevia
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Add cream cheese and lemon juice to a stand mixer and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks then add the sweetener and salt. Add this whipped cream back to the stand mixer to combine with cream cheese mixture. Blend on high until well incorporated.
- Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Pipe into serving glasses and sprinkle on lemon zest if desired.
- Refrigerate one hour or until ready to serve.