This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Sugar Free Lemon Pudding cakes made for individual servings or made into one large cake, it’s up to you! Low carb and gluten free!
Fresh lemons make you pucker.
I love that.
Fresh lemons are antibacterial.
I love that.
Fresh lemons has a bazillion uses not only in recipes but in cleaning too.
I love that.
I realize I’m posting many lemon recipes but my weather here in little Rhode Island has been so cold that all I can do is make recipes that remind me of spring time.
This recipe comes directly from my new Cook Book, Sugar Free Mom: Naturally Sweet & Sugar Free Recipes for the Whole Family!
It’s a gift for you to use for the upcoming Easter holiday in just a few days!
If you don’t feel like making it individual servings simply prepare it in one pie plate or an 8 by 8 baking dish.
One recipe tester mentioned she added some grated carrot for a citrus -y carrot cake style. She also made it dairy free by subbing the heavy cream with coconut cream and her entire family loved it!
I’m sticking with the lemon because….you know….I love that. 🙂
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar Free Lemon Pudding Cakes from the Sugar-Free Mom Cookbook!
- 3 eggs separated
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour almond will work or Bobs' Red Mill all purpose
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon liquid lemon stevia
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk yolks in a bowl then stir in flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, stevia and heavy cream,
- Ina stand mixer beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- In batches fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Pour into 6 ramekins or an 8 by 8 baking dish.
- If using ramekins place them in a 9 by 13 baking pan.
- Pour 3 cups of hot water into baking dish and place int eh center of the oven.
- Bake until light and fluffy 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from water bath and allow to cool one hour.
- Refrigerate and chill 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and lemon zest if desired when ready to serve.
Check here for more info on The Sugar Free Mom Cookbook! To purchase click here!
If you make this with almond flour instead the nutritional information is as follows:
Calories: 133 Fat: 11.7g Saturated Fat: 5.2g Cholesterol: 117mg Sodium: 133mg Carbs: 2.2g Fiber: .5g Sugars: .4g Protein: 4.6g
Net Carbs using almond flour: 1.7g*
Net Carbs using Bob's gluten free flour: 3g*