Sugar Free Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites! A low carb, keto, easy, finger food appetizer for any party!
Chicken Bacon Bites
When I think of summer parties and easy entertaining I'm always searching for finger foods my kids enjoy but are still low carb. Dipping bite sized chicken wrapped in bacon into a creamy dressing like my homemade Ranch dressing from my cookbook makes for an awesome appetizer. These disappeared before I could have a few for myself!
Quick Keto Chicken Bites
Aside from the necessary cutting of the chicken and bacon into bite sized pieces and mixing some seasonings and spices together, it's really not that cumbersome. A few minutes of time in the kitchen, but if you get your kids involved in wrapping the chicken you'll be free in no time!
As you can see from the photos I have some crispier looking bites and some not so crispy bites. This is for one reason, dependent on what you bake it on and whether you want crispy bacon or not. If you choose to bake these on a regular baking pan these will produce those crispy succulent looking bites. You can also place the bites on a cooling rack over a baking pan if you'd rather have less grease and less crispy pieces of bacon.
Of course my kids and I liked the crispier bacon and my hubby liked the less crispy bacon. Either way they are sure to please everyone and bake pretty quickly.
Please note you can make these spicier, but since I was serving these to my kids I made them less spicy. These are only mildly spicy. These can be enjoyed room temperature as well!
Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Sugar Free Sweet Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloin boneless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 16 ounces bacon cut in half
- ½ cup Swerve Brown Sugar Sub or Swerve granular sweetener
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap the pieces of bacon over each piece of chicken.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or you can use a cooling rack over the baking pan.
- Whisk the last 3 ingredients together in a bowl and roll each chicken bite into the mixture.
- Place chicken bites on baking pans or cooling rack over pans.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy to your preference. Drizzle optional sugar free maple syrup over the bites and broil for 2-3 minutes until crisp.
- Prepare my Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressingto serve with.