This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Happy Sunday to you!
I have committed to at least sharing one day in my life of eating so you can use it as a sample for yourself. Hopefully it will motivate you and encourage you to use food journaling for accountability. Some fabulous sites that have wonderful free calorie trackers that I have used are Sparkpeople, Nutrition Data, and My Fitness Pal.
If you are in weight loss mode it really is the only way to really know and not guess how much you are eating.
I’ve been feeling a bit sluggish lately and I think it is because I have been overloading on carbs. So I am working on limiting the carbs this week which usually helps me get over that sluggish feeling.
My breakfasts will consist of egg muffins and smoothies which are both super simple. My lunches will consist of tuna or chicken with fresh veggies like tomato, cucumber, carrots. I will only be having a carb with dinners this week.
Yesterday this is what I ate:
- Breakfast: 1 spinach, bacon, egg quiche , 4 tbsp creamer for coffee
- Lunch: Quinoa chicken cherry salad, 3 oz carrots with 2 tbsp. hummus, 1/4 c. roasted chickpeas
- Afternoon coffee: 4 tbsp soy creamer
- Dinner: 1 chicken thigh, no skin, 1 c. brown rice pasta, 1/2 c. tomato, olive, artichoke sauce (recipe coming this week) 1 c. fennel salad
- Snack: 1 Greek Yogurt
Calories: 1324 Fat: 47g Carbs: 149g Protein: 82g
Upcoming Recipes this week:
- The crepes I fought and won!
- Bacon, Cheese, Broccoli Quiche
- Tomato, Olive, Artichoke Sauce
- Sugar Free Dairy Free Strawberry Whipped Cream
What’s the hardest thing about food journaling? Are you currently using a food tracker? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Comments are welcomed and appreciated!