Gluten Free and Sugar Free Blueberry Oatmeal muffins
There’s just something comforting about muffins. The smell of them baking in your home on any given morning will arise the sleepiest of sleepers.
There’s also something about oatmeal that makes you feel good all over after you’ve enjoyed a nice bowl topped with some fresh berries and honey!
Mix the two together and you have a fabulous healthy comforting breakfast for you and your family.
You can enjoy these warm right out of the oven topped here with some delicious creamy coconut milk and more berries, enjoy with a fork of course!
Or top with some cream cheese and it resembles a cupcake doesn’t it? Well, it could certainly pass for one although not as sweet as a typical cupcake, but it would work for a healthy afternoon snack for the kids!
Easily pick-up-able to take and go if you’re on the run in the morning! My hubby thinks they have a little too many blueberries, but I think they are perfect. You can always reduce to a half a cup if you’d rather not see so many berries.
These are by far the best muffin I think I’ve ever made. I adapted them from my apple oatmeal muffins, which most of my muffins and baked goods are using whole wheat pastry flour. I believe I have a wheat allergy so I’m removing wheat for a time and this is one of my newest gluten free recipes and oh boy are they incredible!!! Moist, moist, moist and the texture is just perfect!
Also want to share that my hubby is quite the skeptic of stevia and is quite picky if he notices any aftertaste at all. He and the children devoured these muffins! The hubby specifically told me there is absolutely no aftertaste from the stevia, which he is always surprised by, LOL!
FYI: these are not very sweet. 1 tablespoon of stevia is equal to about half cup of sugar. My kids were fine with these and loved every bite.
*Adapted from Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats ( I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup gluten free flour ( I used King Arthur's)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1 tablespoon powdered stevia
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk (I used 1 %)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries ( I used frozen)
- optional: chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and powder, stevia.
- Pour in the eggs, applesauce, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Gently mix in the blueberries.
- Evenly pour the batter into silicone cupcake liners or regular liners but you may need to spray them with cooking spray first.
- Add some chopped nuts if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Mine were perfect at 25 min.