Cherry Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is egg free, free of added sugar and heavenly! Perfect treat to share with a loved one on Valentine’s day!
Even in the winter months ice cream is a favorite treat to enjoy. Of course it’s most popular in the summer, but who says you can’t enjoy a healthy creamy dessert and keep it healthy too! This little creation combines frozen but thawed, unsweetened, plump cherries with a vanilla ice cream and still manages to stay under 10 grams of carbohydrates. Pretty fantastic if you ask me! Cacao nibs mixed throughout give the ice cream a nice little crunch and since they are unsweetened as well, doesn’t add any more sugar than the natural sugars in the cherries themselves. Healthy treat for the whole family!
The recipe is for two to enjoy together, perfect for Valentine’s day! But of course you can enjoy this all by yourself as well! If you freeze it for a later time, allow it to thaw for 30 minutes on the counter to soften a bit.
- If you don’t have almond milk you can use any milk you like.
- Half & Half is a mixture of whole milk and heavy cream combined. If you can’t find it just use either of the two.
- If you don’t have cacao nibs you can use unsweetened carob chips or sugar free chocolate chips instead.
- This Recipe is adapted from my Single Serve low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: ½
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1g
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 70mg
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Pour half & half or cream, almond milk, vanilla extract, stevia, salt and ¼ cup cherries into a blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minutes.
- Chop the remaining cherries and stir into mixture. Add the cacao nibs.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream machine.
- Follow manufacturers directions for your machine.
- Enjoy immediately!